DIRECTOR OF ENROLLMENT MARKETING
The Director of Enrollment Marketing collaborates closely with and supports the Executive Director of Enrollment Services to advance strategic awareness, positioning, and to reach enrollment goals for the 100-plus academic programs at Teachers College, Columbia University, including on-campus degree programs, advanced certificates and a growing number of for-credit online programs. The Director of Enrollment Marketing will lead the development and execution of an integrated, multi-channel marketing plan targeting the prospective student audience for Teachers College, with a focus on the Millennial market and emerging trends in higher education. This position will have day-to-day responsibility for creating, managing, implementing and assessing marketing initiatives across multiple digital and print channels, including all aspects of digital advertising (media buys and campaign execution for display, search engine and social media advertising, and content marketing as well as performance assessment and optimization); email marketing; creative; website and select collateral.
The Director of Enrollment Marketing will provide stewardship and hands-on expertise to the College in the areas of Planning and Project Management; Digital Advertising; Digital Design; Internal Communications; and Measurement. The position will play a unique role in shepherding and managing projects from inception through execution; and by creatively collaborating with and managing staff to development an agile, highly effective enrollment marketing team.
The ideal candidate will have excellent planning, project management and technical skills, with deep knowledge of and experience with digital advertising, preferably mounting and managing lead generation and lead acquisition campaigns for higher education institutions; and will demonstrate adept leadership and communications skills to steward, present and report on marketing initiatives to internal stakeholders. The capacity to meet the demands of a key position in a large, top-tier institution is critical to this role. This position will report to the Senior Director of Strategic Communications working in daily collaboration with Enrollment Services as well as faculty and administrative departments across the College. He/She will build and supervise a three-person enrollment marketing team.
Works collboratively Development & External Affairs and Sr. staff in Enrollment Services.
- Build and manage enrollment marketing operation to serve all on-campus and online academic degree and for-credit programs.
- Plan, develop, and execute an integrated, multichannel lead generation and lead acquisition marketing plan to positively impact student enrollment
- Develop tracking and evaluation system to organize, manage and assess all marketing initiatives. Manage reporting and recommendation process based on ROI of efforts.
- Collaborate with and provide stewardship to institutional leadership across College—including but not limited to Enrollment Services, Development and External Affairs, Office of New Programs, and Academic Departments—to develop, present and report on marketing plans and initiatives.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research as needed to inform the development and promotion of new degree programs as well as to benchmark the university and its programs against competitive peer groups.
- Partner closely with the College’s External Affairs department in the creation and review of web pages, new marketing media and content.
- Oversee all third-party vendor relationships
- Bachelor’s degree and at least eight years of experience in digital and traditional marketing, with a preference for proven marketing experience in higher education as well as within an agency.
- Strong analytical skills and a demonstrated success in developing, implementing and measuring impactful enrollment marketing plans.
- Superior communication, interpersonal and client service skills; demonstrated ability and experience working with staff, faculty and administrators across departments.
- Deep understanding and command of trends, technologies and best practices in digital marketing.
- Strong grasp of social media, pay per click (PPC), software platforms and tools as well as of multimedia including video and Podcasting.
- Ability to evaluate digital data and analytics to inform data driven decisions and best practices, using a wide variety of tools and measurements to measure ROI and lead generation success.
- A collaborative leader who fosters a collegial, positive work environment.
- Excellent organization and time management skills; demonstrated ability to prioritize projects in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work well under pressure.
- High level of integrity, quality and entrepreneurial spirit.
How to Apply
For consideration, apply directly to our careers portal at: http://employment.tc.columbia.edu/cw/en-us/job/502355?lApplicationSubSourceID=