The SF-Marin Food Bank’s mission is to end hunger in San Francisco and Marin. This year, we will distribute 48 million pounds of food – enough for more than 100,000 meals each day. We partner with more than 450 organizations – including 260 neighborhood pantries – to distribute food to low-income residents of San Francisco and Marin counties. Each week, more than 144,000 people are served by our programs.
The Food Bank is a mission-oriented, challenging and friendly place to work. We’re a team of more than 150 dedicated, inspiring people working together to end hunger in San Francisco and Marin. Our success relies on the people who work for our organization. If you would like to be a part of building a community where no one suffers from hunger, please consider joining our team of talented and dedicated professionals. For more information about our organization, please visit www.sfmfoodbank.org.
Are you detail-oriented and excited by data? Are you enthusiastic with an innate curiosity about people and what drives them? Are you interested in working for a local, well-respected human services agency that has direct impact in the community?
In this position you will play a critical role in in supporting our overall fundraising goal of $17 million. This position is part of the Leadership Gifts Team and supports two Major Gifts Officers, the Director of Leadership Gifts, and the Chief Development Officer. The Major Gifts Coordinator also provides support to the executive team and high-level volunteers on special projects as needed.
Director of Leadership Gifts
The Major Gifts Coordinator supports the Major Gifts team by managing a variety of activities that advance our fundraising goals. These include managing data that demonstrates progress towards major gifts fundraising goals, generating reports, donor acknowledgements, benefits fulfillment, providing excellent customer service both internally and externally, and conducting prospect research.
- Use Raiser's Edge (RE) to consistently document interactions with donors in RE
- Maintain major donor records with the most current donor contact information, relationship linkages, as well as donor recognition listing preferences
- Run basic queries and reports
- Interface with the data team to request or import project based data sets
- Conduct regular reporting on performance and other metrics as assigned
- Analyze wealth and giving data for major gift prospecting
- Identify and research prospects who give gifts over $5,000 to identify those who are appropriate for relationship management
- Research current and potential major donors and recommend strategies for how to best cultivate a financial relationship
- Write confidential profiles and briefing reports to prepare gift officers and executives, and volunteers for prospect visits, events and solicitations
- Assist with selected fundraising activities including fundraising, donor recognition, and cultivation events
- Support the execution of any mailing to major donors, as needed
- Provide excellent customer service, replying promptly to email correspondence and phone calls and forwarding them to gift officers and executive staff as needed
- Write and edit communications for use by major gifts staff and leadership
Major Gifts Coordination
- Maintain policies and procedures
- Prepare agendas for team meetings
- Work with Volunteer Services to recruit and train volunteers to assist with other projects as needed
- Other projects as assigned
YOU MIGHT BE A PERFECT FIT IF:
- You are proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, & PowerPoint
- You have a working knowledge of The Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM tools
- You love data, research, and coming up with data-driven strategies
- You have a demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple, competing deadlines
- You are a strong writer who enjoys developing innovative, personalized collateral for donors
- You are personable, enthusiastic, and have the ability to develop and maintain relationships with people across cultures
- You have strong initiative and self-motivation
- You have the ability to maintain sensitive, confidential information
- You are a highly collaborative, flexible, and supportive colleague
- You have a willingness to travel locally, and you are available to work occasional nights and weekends
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A mission that is supported by tens of thousands of individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- A well respected, well known, and trusted non-profit brand.
- An organization that is stable, innovative, and efficiently managed.
- Exceptional leaders who are skilled major gifts fundraisers.
- A highly collaborative work environment that fosters creativity and productivity (i.e. we like each other. We work hard, and we have fun).
- A strong and supportive board with diverse professional backgrounds and networks of influence.
- An opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing major gifts program.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.
- Medical, dental, life, long-term disability, and 403(b) retirement plan with employer base and matching contribution. Generous holidays, vacation, and sick time.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use “Major Gifts Coordinator, your name” as the subject line.