The Director of Individual Giving will report to the Vice President of Development & Marketing and will collaborate with the Chief Executive Officer, Managing Director of Development, Regional Development teams, Program team and the Marketing team. This role is responsible for raising money from high net worth individuals in the San Francisco Bay Area. College Track is seeking a senior level, highly experienced fundraiser, who is a skilled networker with a fearless approach to cultivating and stewarding relationships. The Director of Individual Giving must be confident in their ability to raise $1,000,000 in their first year and to increase their revenue raised 20% per year.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Steward deeper partnerships with current donors
- Collaborate with the Chief Executive Officer, Vice President of Development & Marketing, Northern California Executive Director, Managing Director of Development, and Bay Area Director of Development to create and execute a national and Bay Area major donor fundraising strategy.
- Convert current one-time/event donors with high capacity to make major, multi-year investments in annual support.
- Drive major donor attendance and revenue for Bay Area events.
- Assist Program staff to educate, recognize, and thank current donors.
- Cultivate new donor relationships
- Develop and implement national and regional donor stewardship strategies to significantly expand the base of support from high net worth individuals.
- Meet quarterly fundraising goals for the region, with ability to increase annual revenue goal 20% per year.
- Research, identify, and initiate contact with potential donors/partners.
First and foremost, the Director of Individual Giving must embrace the College Track vision of transforming low-income communities into places where college graduation is the expectation not the exception. Additionally, the successful candidate must possess the following:
Skills & Experience Required:
- 3+ years experience raising over $1,000,000 per year from major donors (could include some experience of private sector sales equivalent).
- Proven ability to effectively develop and steward long-term relationships with high net worth individuals.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive experience communicating with high net worth donors effectively, efficiently, intelligently, and passionately.
- Experience managing, tracking and reporting on donor and revenue data for the region.
- Highly developed capacity to accurately and objectively evaluate the effectiveness and outcomes of programs and to make appropriate judgments on articulating the data in proposals and reports.
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred.
- Belief in the potential of all students to reach their full potential.
- Committed to succeeding in a team environment.
- Driven by results.
- Tenacious problem solver.
- Compelling conversationalist and intelligent listener.
- Exceptional level of authenticity and integrity.
- High standard of discipline.
- Oriented by a growth mindset.
- Comfortable relating to diverse people and personalities.
- Extensive experience with donor database management; Salesforce experience highly preferred.
- High level of self-awareness, humility, interpersonal skills, and emotional intelligence.
Compensation & Benefits
College Track offers a competitive salary based on the organization’s compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data. We also offer comprehensive health & welfare benefits and top of the market paid time off.
How to Apply
Please visit https://collegetrack.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=216. We will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration. No phone inquiries please.
College Track is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. College Track does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.