For over sixty years, ICA has provided exemplary professional conservation and preservation services to organizations and individuals throughout the region and around the world. Today, as a 501(c)3 nonprofit, ICA serves museums, libraries, non-profit organizations, governmental agencies, corporations, and private individuals to conserve and preserve our artistic and cultural heritage. Each year ICA undertakes over 350 conservation projects ranging from treatment of old masters from major art museums to keepsakes from small town historical societies. ICA undertakes both large projects, like a current campaign to conserve the many murals in the Missouri State Capital, and small projects from families and individuals.
In addition, ICA reaches out annually to more than 2,000 children and adults through our educational programming for heritage professionals, students, collectors, and the general public. We offer regular programming including workshops, lectures, and specialized services (site surveys, disaster response, and grant assistance), and free educational opportunities for students, pre-kindergarten through post-graduate students.
ICA's mission and vision is to be the leading professional conservation service provider, educator, and advocate to museums, libraries, public institutions, and private individuals in our community ensuring the preservation of the artistic and cultural heritage throughout the region.
The Manager, Accounting and Development will play an integral role in the overall operation and success of the Intermuseum Conservation Association (ICA) in achieving its educational nonprofit mission to preserve and conserve the artistic and cultural heritage of the region. The Manager will provide critical and strategic support to ensure that the ICA can maximize its impact. This includes accounting and development support and working closely with staff to maximize operational capacity. This is an exciting and energizing opportunity for working closely with a board and senior leadership, contributing to high-impact projects, and learning the inner workings of a dynamic nonprofit. The manager will report directly to the Executive Director.
Areas of Responsibility
(10%) Works with Executive Director to determine, measure, and track progress toward key ICA mission goals and
- Provides ad-hoc administrative, logistical, or project support
- Serves as a liaison with the Board of Directors and provide logistical support for Board functions
(50%) Manages ICA Finances
- Ensures compliance with organizational policies and takes fiscal responsibility for resources
- Develops and tracks budgeting, forecasting, compliance, and planning systems, making recommendations for fiscal strategy.
- Develops and maintains organizational procedures and systems including HR, filing, billing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, deposits, payroll, and scheduling and implement procedural and policy changes to improve operational efficiency (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Manages accounting functions (QuickBooks) and supervise a bookkeeping contractor
- Prepares operational reports and schedules to ensure efficiency
- Serves as primary liaison to the planning & analysis, accounts payable & procurement teams
- Performs routine office duties relating to the phone, mail, computers and other duties as assigned
(30%) Works with Executive Director in all areas of grant writing, fundraising, and grant management
- Assists in writing and completing grant applications
- Develops and monitors grant budgets
Educational Background Required
- Bachelor's degree is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required
- 3-5 years of professional nonprofit work experience, ideally in an administrative function
- Expert Knowledge of MS Office Suite and QuickBooks for Nonprofits is required.
- Knowledge and experience of accounting and administrative management best practices
- Experience with budgeting, project management, and payroll
- Experience in grant and contract management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional, energetic work style
- Solid problem analysis and assessment
- Developed judgment and problem solving
- Clear planning and organizational skills
- Excellent work and time management
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Initiative to improve and excel
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Love of Art, History, and Culture
Salary is commensurate with experience and benefits are provided.
How to Apply
Send Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com.
Position will remain open until filled. Interviews will begin in January 2018.