Safe Horizon envisions a society free of family and community violence. We will lead the way by empowering victims of domestic violence, child abuse, sexual assault and human trafficking to move from crisis to confidence.
Safe Horizon's mission is to provide support, prevent violence and promote justice for victims of crime and abuse, their families and communities.
Safe Horizon's Anti-Trafficking Program maintains a two-tiered approach to fighting the epidemic of modern day slavery. We provide an intensive case management intervention model that provides necessary social and legal services as well as referrals for other supports. While recognizing that client services alone will not turn the tide on human trafficking, our Anti-Trafficking Program also offers a range of services including education and technical assistance, training and advocacy to foster systemic change.
Supervising Social Worker, MSW
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide trauma informed, client centered intensive case management through support, advocacy, and linkages with community service providers as well as local, state and federal law enforcement to a caseload of approximately 35 predominantly immigrant clients.
- Provide trauma focused and supportive counseling to survivors of human trafficking, including providing psycho-education, relaxation techniques, and the development of skills to manage the intensity of trauma symptoms.
- Assist in the creation of client activities to foster community and develop leadership skills, including our survivor advocacy group, Voices of Hope.
- Maintain thorough case files as well as draft monthly narrative and case management reports for funders.
- Collaborate and coordinate services with internal program attorneys, external partners (law enforcement, public benefits offices, shelter system, and others) to provide a continuum of care for clients.
- Articulate case issues and opposing viewpoints clearly and concisely.
- Advocate for clients' rights to protect the best interest of the client.
- Conduct outreach and training presentations to identified communities and providers, informing them about this issue as well as the services that the Anti-Trafficking Program provides.
- Participate in community forums, working groups, and trafficking networks.
- Active participation in weekly staff meetings, individual supervision and group supervision.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BA/BSW and at least 3 years experience working with trafficking survivors or similar population or MA/MSW and at least one year of experience working with trafficking survivors or similar populations. Candidates with an MSW are encouraged to apply.
- Counseling experience especially from a trauma informed and client centered framework.
- Prior direct service experience with one or more of the following populations/issues: trafficked persons, immigrants, survivors of domestic violence and/or sexual assault, refugees, and/or torture survivors.
- Adept at managing relationships with various levels of the government and law enforcement.
- Comfort consistently reflecting on client work, discussing challenges in supervision, and integrating supervisor guidance.
- Excellent and effective writing skills, organization and communication skills required as well as computer skills.
- Prior experience and current interest in organizing and executing group trainings.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks.
- Cultural competency and linguistic fluency in a second language required. Spanish, French, Mandarin or Cantonese desired; Spanish AND French plus.
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply Safe Horizon is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals and endeavors to hire individuals of diverse races, colors, creeds, ethnicities, religions, genders, gender identities or expressions, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, national origins, and disabilities, as well citizen, marital, protected veteran and HIV statuses.
How to Apply
Apply online via the following link: https://safehorizon.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=415