Silicon Valley Education Foundation
Silicon Valley Education Foundation (SVEF) focuses on raising student performance in the critical areas of math and science across all 31 Santa Clara County school districts. Our goal is to be the leading advocate for public education in our region. We are known for our clear focus on achieving results, partnering, and emphasizing creativity and innovation. Beyond serving students, teachers, and administrators, we provide value to the larger community by making investing in education easy.
Why We Matter
There has never been a more critical time to improve our schools. We must ensure our future workforce is prepared to take on the technological and business challenges that lie ahead. With an increasing gap of qualified workers to take over Silicon Valley jobs, our future as the heart of U.S. innovation is at risk.
What We Do
Everything we do supports our objective of Silicon Valley being the number one geographic area in California in the percentage of high school graduates academically prepared for college and careers. Our vision is to transform Silicon Valley into a model for enhancing public education, and we do this by leveraging partnerships and resources for public education so all students can realize their full potential.
How We Do It
SVEF takes a systematic approach to supporting students, educators, and school districts. This approach combines policy advocacy, direct service programs, and resources for innovation to elevate achievement.
- Policy Advocacy – We work tirelessly to promote policy changes that raise the bar for all students. We work with school district leaders to provide the information and relationships needed for change. In addition, we publish policy papers and organize community education forums to foster conversation on important education topics.
- Direct Service Programs – We provide direct service programs that target subjects students struggle with most. Our flagship program, Elevate [Math], prepares incoming 8th graders to successfully complete Algebra I (or Common Core equivalent), which is one of the strongest indicators of high school and college completion. Elevate [Science], prepares incoming 9th graders for their first laboratory science class.
- Resources for Innovation – For positive change in education to become viral, SVEF disseminates tools and resources for innovation throughout the community. We built the Learning Innovation Hub to bring together edtech entrepreneurs and teachers to build better technology products for our classrooms. We launched STEMpower[ed], the "one-stop-shop" website for STEM education resources in the Silicon Valley.
The Executive Assistant provides high-quality administrative support to the Interim CEO and Board of Directors of a fast-paced non-profit organization. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced administrative professional to work in close partnership with a dynamic Interim CEO, play a critical role in non-profit board management, and be engaged with a mission-driven highly achieving team.
To provide strong administrative support for the Interim CEO:
- Manage demanding calendar, schedule meetings, coordinate logistics with other stakeholders, and arrange travel
- Act as a liaison between the SVEF Board of Directors and other Committees; coordinating meetings, events and communications
- Prepare meeting agendas and minutes
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with firm-specific programs and software
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
- Other tasks as requested
- 5+ years of experience as a professional executive assistant supporting C-level executives, preferably in a nonprofit setting
- Ability to maintain composure and professionalism under pressure
- Proven abilities to problem-solve, anticipate change and react efficiently with challenging deadlines and priorities
- Maturity to handle multiple tasks and confidential issues/material as well as communicate effectively with the Leadership Team and staff
- Works well independently as well as with a team
- Strong written communications and interpersonal skills, including ability to synthesize meeting notes and prepare correspondence
- Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Salesforce and Eventbrite proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
We are committed to staff learning, growth and development. Salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Indicate subject in the email as "Executive Assistant – Temp". Describe in your cover letter why you are interested in Silicon Valley Education Foundation and how your experience matches with our needs. Please include your salary requirements.