The Humane Rescue Alliance is currently seeking an experienced and dedicated individual to provide high-level administrative, logistical and confidential operational support to Chief Operating Officer (COO) on organization-wide and departmental activities. Keep COO's office flowing smoothly, paying particular attention to detail, efficiency, and operational excellence. Continuously improve quality results by evaluating and re-designing processes and implementing appropriate changes. Act as liaison for COO with staff, external constituents, the Board of Directors, volunteers, donors, national organizations and governmental agencies.
For a complete job description click the link:
HRA is an EOE.
- Work closely and effectively with COO to facilitate COO's ability to lead successfully and effectively in a fast-paced environment with competing deadlines. Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously and proactively, and follow through on projects and assignments to successful completion.
- Keep COO well prepared for commitments and responsibilities; provide a bridge for smooth and trustworthy communications between CEO and HRA departments; and prioritize and follow up on incoming issues and concerns.
- Conduct research and compile into reports, including charts, narrative and recommendations.
- Perform a variety of complex high-level administrative duties and direct assistance to COO. Exercise independence, confidentiality, discretion, diplomacy and judgment to assist COO in management of meetings, scheduling, internal communications, coordination with COO's direct reports, and interactions with other key staff and external relationships.
- Manage heavy calendar activity and schedule meetings through Outlook.
- Coordinate group and individual meetings with COO's direct reports, HRA staff, and external relationships.
- Prepare COO for meetings and events through research of people and topics.
- Conduct follow-ups with meeting participants, as needed. Provide summary of meeting notes.
- Coordinate and manage travel schedules/logistics. Process expense reports.
- Act as point of contact for Vice Presidents who report directly to COO. Monitor vacation/travel schedules and other HR procedures.
- Additionally, perform routine clerical tasks and other general office management functions including, but not limited to, organizing, correspondence review, copying, faxing, filing, manage paper flow, and prioritize items for signature.
- Coordinate, research, and prepare department, organization-wide, and Board documents, reports and projects
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational activities, operations, and staff.
- Adjust work style and schedule as needed to best serve COO preferences.
- Coordinate, research, and prepare department, organization-wide, and Board documents, reports and projects for COO.
- Assist in development and monitoring of Operations budget; track expenses, prepare expense reports, and notify COO of any problems or discrepancies.
- Provide leadership to build relationships that contribute to success of HRA.
- Perform other related duties and projects as assigned.