World Health Ambassador’s primary work involves planning and carrying out Medical Relief Missions to provide care for individuals and communities around the world who do not have access to needed health care. WHA became an independent 501(c)(3), non-profit organization in 2007 and now has more than 700 members across the United States and several foreign countries. Each year WHA performs medical and dental mission trips on a global scale – the next slated for Vietnam this coming July, 2018.
WHA is seeking a part-time Grant Writer, with a track record of acquired private and public funding, to join the Development team! In this role you will research, prepare, submit and manage proposals that support our strategic global initiatives. You will receive support from the Development team to organize, priorities and review grant opportunities and meet submission deadlines. This is a terrific opportunity for an experienced Grant Writer who is interested in adding WHA to their portfolio of non-profits they support.
This position is based on the output of an average of five grant proposals per month. We are a growing team and open to a compensation package that is competitive and appealing to an experienced grant writer.
You will report to the Founder/CEO of WHA and collaborate with the Development team.
- Research for grant funding through foundations and corporate foundations.
- Manage full range of activities required to prepare, submit and manage grant proposals. Make certain that proposal submissions meet all stated requirements/guidelines and are submitted in a timely fashion.
- Work collaboratively with Development team for report preparation.
- Submit a minimum of five grant applications per month.
- 4 year degree or equivalent work experience
- Significant experience in researching, writing and coordinating grant proposal with a track record of funded applications.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- High proficiency with Microsoft platforms – Word, Excel, Outlook.
Starting as a volunteer, working with our team, we will determine a right fit and move this position into a paid staff role. Compensation at $500 per month (estimated 24 hours per month of remote work).
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, articulate, and persuasive proposals. Technical writing is a plus.
- Strong editing skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to complete required work in advance of deadlines
- Experience with developing proposals for foundation, corporate and institutional donors
- Ability to work independently as well as on project teams.
How to Apply
Please visit https://www.whausa.org/volunteer-form to submit contact information. Please notate your interest in this position and we will reach out to set up an interview.
or Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org