The Sonoma County Regional Parks Foundation is the nonprofit fundraising partner of Sonoma County Regional Parks. Working in collaboration with Sonoma County Regional Parks, the Foundation raises funds, fosters partnerships, and advocates on behalf of the 56 parks and trails in the Sonoma County Regional Parks system.
The Parks Foundation seeks a smart, multi-talented, park-loving self-starter for its Development and Event Associate position. The Development and Event Associate reports directly to the executive director.
- Assist the executive director with sponsor development and retention, including contacting current sponsors to secure sponsorships, identifying and soliciting prospective sponsors, and ensuring that sponsors receive their benefits
- Manage the Foundation’s responsibilities year-round for the production of Funky Fridays, a 15-week outdoor concert series in the Sonoma Valley that benefits the Foundation. Attend and oversee the weekly concerts during the summer months.
- Assist the executive director with frequent writing projects, including press releases, donor thank-you letters, sponsor recruitment kits, and e-news content
- Provide support to the executive director for additional events such as the Healdsburg Water Carnival, Spring Lake Water Bark, Annadel 5K, fundraising hikes, and donor stewardship events.
- Work with the executive director to develop and execute a plan to grow our monthly donor program
- Work with the executive director to develop and execute a plan for legacy giving
- Enhance personal outreach to donors, including support for donor stewardship efforts
- Ensure that the Foundation’s website and social media are current, incorporating text, photos, and sponsor acknowledgement. Track and analyze public engagement on topics of interest.
- With input from the executive director, create the Foundation’s e-newsletter (Constant Contact)
- Assist the Executive Director with grant writing and research
- Serve as an active member of the development team, helping to plan, implement and evaluate an annual fund development plan.
The Development and Event Associate reports directly to the executive director.
Employee must be willing to work weekdays, evenings and weekends as the job requires. The majority of the work will occur during normal business hours. During the Funky Fridays summer season, the associate attends and manages the Friday night concerts. The position is a non- exempt position.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in or willingness to learn online tools such as WordPress, Canva or other design program, Constant Contact, Brown Paper Tickets, and SignUp Genius
- Experience with DonorPerfect donor management software, or willingness to learn
- Familiarity with Facebook and knowledgeable about how to successfully design and post Facebook ads
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced setting
- Comfortable recruiting, training, and directing volunteers
Compensation DOE, commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience. Position is part-time with variable hours, 25-35 hours per week.
Benefits: Employee may qualify for employee/employer funded Simple IRA retirement plan beginning in second year of employment.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter with your resume and three recent writing samples by Friday, January 19, 2018 at 5 p.m.
By email to: Susan Bryer-Shelton <email@example.com>
Or by Mail to: Susan Bryer-Shelton, Sonoma County Regional Parks Foundation, 2300 County Center Drive, Suite 120A, Santa Rosa, CA 95403.