Mount St. Mary's University is a dynamic, catholic, Liberal Arts University with over 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students. As a Catholic university, Mount St. Mary’s graduates ethical leaders who are inspired by a passion for learning and lead lives of significance in service to God and others. The University has a strong institutional commitment to excellence through diversity in its educational programs and employment practices; we actively seek and welcome applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world.
The Program Coordinator will coordinate and implement activities related to the Office of Alumni Engagement’s solicitations. With the goal of growing both donor participation and revenue, this position is also responsible for implementing a select number of program areas within the Alumni Engagement Program. The Program Coordinator may be requested to perform other responsibilities at the request of the Director of Alumni Engagement. This position is responsible for direct solicitation of donors.
The Alumni Engagement Program Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Alumni Engagement
1. Manage on-campus student call center
- Oversee and execute daily operations of a manual phonathon, which includes sharing the shift oversight with Alumni Engagement team members. This position will run between two and four shifts a week. Manage student supervisors and callers, assign calling with segment plan, run and evaluate daily reports for overall program and individual supervisor and caller performance, evaluate supervisors and callers, coordinate center visits with University representatives.
2. Coordinate and implement Annual Giving solicitations
- Assist the Director in the design, implementation, and evaluation of the annual giving program; serving as a liaison to constituents in the setup, implementation, and review of yearly telephone outreach campaigns;
- Ensure letters and mailings to each constituency group are accurate and timely and ensuring accurate and complete selection of each constituency group;
- Provide regular updates to constituencies on the progress of their campaigns; coordinating the mailing of pre-call mail pieces; coordinate process for pledge entry, pledge reminders, and pledge letters; meeting regularly with student coordinator(s) and team leader(s);
- Provide top level customer service to interoffice, advancement units, and external units.
- Work with designers to develop effective packaging; composing effective fund raising letters utilizing strategic messages;
- Coordinate and implement annual giving direct mail solicitation for special campus groups.
3. Execute annual giving plans developed for special groups including faculty and staff solicitations, parent solicitations and others
- Work with volunteer leadership; leading fund raising efforts which may include direct mail solicitations, phone solicitations, personal solicitations or other methods of solicitation;
- Develop systematic processes to obtain information about alumni and friends who work for matching gift companies;
- Research and analyze results during and at end of the solicitation cycle and compile information for reports to make recommendations for improvement program.
4. Work with the Director to ensure successful and efficient fundraising campaigns by:
- Work within an established budget; report solicitation results to Director on a regular basis.
- Create and execute fundraising emails to different constituents.
- Coordinate and execute the Senior Class Giving campaign through forming and advising the Senior Class Gift Committee for each respective class year.
5. Performs other duties as assigned by:
- Participating in Office of University Advancement and Office of Development meetings, Alumni Engagement staff meetings, summer phonathon meetings, and various work groups.
- Completing special projects and tasks as assigned by Director of Alumni Engagement.
6. Represent Mount St. Mary’s University at weekend and evening events.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years’ experience in fundraising or related work experience, or a combination of education and/or experience in fundraising or related work experience totaling approximately 5 years
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Possesses and demonstrates interpersonal relationship skills such that one can work independently and in a multi- layered team environment while fostering positive relationships, teamwork, and cooperation so that the organization can be successful in meeting its goals
- Willingness to travel and work odd hours and weekends
- Familiarity with data-base computer systems and computer applications excellent computer skills especially in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge and concern for Catholic education.
- Must have a driver’s license.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in development and/or advancement
- Supervisory experience with direct reports and/or volunteers
- Experience in project management
- Experience in data management and report compilation
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to submit a résumé, references, and a cover letter to:
Mount St. Mary’s University
Department of Human Resources
Alumni Engagement Program Coordinator Search
16300 Old Emmitsburg Road
Emmitsburg, MD 21727