YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY ...
being responsible for ensuring quality and integrity of Action Against Hunger-USA operations in Haiti and Cambodia. You will oversee the interventions throughout the programming cycle and ensure compliance with the organization’s established policies, procedures, and strategy.
The Operations Team Leader:
- ADAPTS. Oversees the Country Teams through the development and implementation of complex/advanced programs or multi-disciplinary projects, including budgeting, program design and development, project monitoring and evaluation. She/he assesses program a project effectiveness and recommends new initiatives. She/he provides substantive advice/analysis of current programs identifying opportunities and areas for improvement.
- PERSUADES. Advises management about opportunities, risks, and new technologies to improve design and effectiveness of country programs. On behalf of the organization and the country programs, she/he strengthens relationships with donors highlighting the values the organization brings, and with other organizational counterparts to build networks and frameworks for expanded collaboration and partnership;
- ADAPTS THE PROGRAM/PROJECT CYCLE. Ensures the country programs executes projects consistent with program objectives, engaging national counterparts appropriately, and building credibility and reputation through the quality design and reliable delivery of highly impactful activities that address the needs of the beneficiaries and which demonstrate organizational capacities both substantively and operationally.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE
- Managing Country Directors and ensuring that decisions are made at appropriate levels within their scope of responsibility, and addressing problems with relevant support departments where necessary. More specifically, supporting and advising Country Directors with respect to: strategic direction, security management (prevention and management), grant management and donor relations, program support, financial accountability, human resources (organizational structure, policies and procedures), advocacy and communication, emergency response.
- Working with the headquarter (HQ) Finance team to ensure that current and future programs are sufficiently funded, and that general support is sufficient for implementation.
- Keeping the pool team informed of any changes or evolution in the donors’ guidelines, providing support in reviewing and validating proposals & budgets.
- Building and maintaining donor relationships.
- Exploring funding possibilities with the full range of institutional and non-traditional donors.
- Collaborating with the External Relations and Technical departments to support the development of grants with major donors.
- Ensuring that Action Against Hunger’s organizational HR policies and procedures are implemented and reinforced in all country programs, actively participating in all employees’ life cycle (revision and validation of job descriptions, recruitment, performance management, etc.)
- Liaising extensively with External Relations department on field issues, as well as to enhance content material for the website.
- Liaising with Action Against Hunger’s Advocacy Department to support the development of country program advocacy plans.
- Developing and enhancing relationship with key stakeholders, representing and defending Action Against Hunger’s interest, positions, programs and operations at all relevant platforms.
- Actively contributing to the development of Action Against Hunger -USA operational policies.
- You are fluent in English and French.
DO YOU MEET THE PROFILE REQUIRED CRITERIA ?
You’re a dedicated and experienced professional
- You have Master’s degree in international relations, international development and policy, or a related field, together with at least five years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You have experience working as a Country Director, preferably with Action Against Hunger, and for durations longer than routine project / program planning cycles.
- You also have experience working in highly political, complex emergency, developmental and insecure environments.
You’re passionate about humanitarian work
- You are genuinely interested in and commitment to the humanitarian principles and strategic objectives of Action Against Hunger.
- You can demonstrable knowledge of international humanitarian affairs and a solid understanding of donor policies and procedures (including ECHO, DIPECHO, EU, USAID, UN, DFID, SIDA, DFATD).
- You are a manager with excellent coordination skills and have the ability to work cooperatively with employees at all levels.
How to Apply
Please apply with resume and cover letter to: