The Financial Operations Accountant will be part of the finance department and report directly to the financial operations manager. The Financial Operations Accountant will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day functions for accounts payable, accounts receivable, treasury and grants for the Simons Foundation and its subsidiaries.
The duration of the position is expected to last up to one year with the possibility to be extended for a longer duration.
- Process vendor invoices, expense reimbursements and grant payments in accordance with the Foundation’s policy.
- Review payment requests to ensure all forms are accompanied by proper approval, proper coding and required documentation.
- Research, resolve and communicate discrepancies, as well as exceptions to end users. Escalate issues for resolution using good judgment.
- Prepare checks and/or ACH for weekly check runs, maintain accurate AP records and control reports in accordance with the Foundation’s record-retention policy.
- Update, create and maintain vendor records in the vendor master file.
- Manage and respond to finance email inbox requests (i.e., payment status, discrepancies, vendor changes) in a timely manner. Provide summary updates to financial operation manager or senior financial operation specialist to keep them abreast of key and unusual operation trends.
- Obtain and maintain tax forms, such as form W-8/9, respond to related questions and assist in preparing form 1099 records at year-end.
- Prepare and process checks for deposit while maintaining accurate AR records
- Assist with the follow-up and communication of outstanding checks with department personnel
- Perform month-end entries and reconciliations
- Support year-end reporting activities including 1099 and 1042s as necessary
- Serve as a backup reviewer for day-to-day activities as situation arises
- Assist with ad hoc projects and reporting needs
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- 7-10 years of accounts payable and general accounting experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains or related ERP system is preferred.
- Tax experience with 1099 and 1042 processing, W-9 and W-8 forms a must
- Experience with Concur and JP Morgan Access is preferred.
- Experience with AP automated systems a plus
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to filter and escalate concerns/issues
- Ability to follow through
- Team player with strong interpersonal/interaction skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and projects
- Customer service focused
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt to changing environment easily
THE SIMONS FOUNDATION'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. The Simons Foundation provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
How to Apply
Please follow the link to apply: