The Domestic Violence Emergency Shelter programs offer a comprehensive range of services including counseling, advocacy, intervention, and support to meet the needs of victims and their families. At Safe Horizon, we believe our clients are the experts in their own lives.
In order to help a survivor of violence, we must support their right to make their own decisions and choose their own path based on what is most important to them. This is the foundation of client-centered practice. At Safe Horizon, Client Centered Practice means supporting clients as they make difficult choices in their lives around their safety.
Essential Job Functions: Under general supervision, a Supervising Social Worker is responsible for the following:
- Assisting the Director with responsible and relevant program development;
- Providing direct supervision to Case Managers and Childcare Aides;
- Providing counseling activities, including crisis intervention to residents;
- Facilitating/Co-facilitating and overseeing the content of support groups;
- Acting as a liaison to and advocating with outside agencies;
- Overseeing the development and maintenance of responsible safety plans, case-plans and required case records;
- Providing input for or completing statistical reports as needed;
- Assisting in designing and conducting training/presentations and developing resources for staff and members of community from other agencies as needed;
- Resolving problems which may arise with staff and residents;
- Supervising the activities of student interns and volunteers as needed;
- Other related duties as assigned.
A Master’s degree in social work and two years relevant work/supervisory experience required. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, good oral and written communication skills, knowledge of and sensitivity to domestic violence, child abuse and neglect and sexual abuse, bilingual Spanish a plus.
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
How to Apply
To apply click on the link below: