Sanctuary for Families is New York's leading service provider and advocate for survivors of domestic violence, sex trafficking, and related forms of gender violence. We work to end gender violence through three key strategies: direct services, outreach and training, and systems-change advocacy.
Sanctuary has grown significantly in the past several years - 25% in the past year alone. We are looking for a creative and detail-oriented Manager of Special Events to join our Development and Communications team. The Manager of Special Events will be responsible for organizing and executing successful fundraising and cultivation events that also help to cultivate and steward individual donors. S/he will join a dynamic and growing development department and will report to the Director of Individual Giving & Special Events, working closely with others throughout the organization.
- Manages, in close collaboration with others, all production aspects of Sanctuary's annual Zero Tolerance Benefit (1,000 person sit-down dinner with 500 person after-party; $2 million fundraiser), including venue selection, catering, A/V needs, entertainment, committee oversight, invitation and mailing (digital and traditional), dinner program, silent auction and raffle, vendor relations, check-in, and day-of logistics. Assists with fundraising support as needed.
- Manages all aspects of the annual Above & Beyond Benefit, a 250+ person fundraiser and recognition event honoring Sanctuary's pro bono attorneys.
- Coordinates numerous cultivation events hosted throughout the year, ranging in size from small in-home gatherings to large public receptions (6-8 annually).
- Manages, from time to time, public awareness-raising events such as panel discussions addressing topics related to gender violence (300-500 in attendance).
- Oversees and/or manages all third-party-sponsored fundraisers and cultivation events benefiting Sanctuary.
- Assists with smaller and client-related events on an as-needed basis.
- Coordinates, with the Director of Individual Giving & Special Events, all aspects of the Annual Appeal (year-end fundraising campaign).
- Assists with multiple aspects of individual donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Performs any other department or related tasks and projects as needed from time to time.
- Bachelor's degree required
- A minimum of 3 years events-related employment (not-for-profit sector preferable)
- Demonstrated success in organizing and planning benefits and/or events for at least 500 attendees
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, with ability to make, enforce and meet deadlines
- Outgoing, positive personality with very strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with diverse internal and external audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with ability to resolve problems quickly and effectively
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and multi-task without losing a sense of humor
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends when needed
- Familiarity with technology and digital communications in fundraising and special events management
- Familiarity with Raiser's Edge and design software such as Adobe InDesign, with strong sense of design preferred
- Excellent computer and digital skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Strong commitment to the mission and goals of Sanctuary for Families
Sanctuary for Families offers a very competitive salary and benefits package, including excellent medical and dental benefits, four weeks of annual vacation for first-year employees, and a 403b retirement savings plan.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter via Sanctuary for Families' online job portal.
Please note that applicants who do not submit a cover letter with their application will not be considered.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/6bhdrt6rqtbwqscf