About GOOD+ Foundation
Founded in 2001 by Jessica Seinfeld, GOOD+ Foundation (formerly Baby Buggy) is a nonprofit organization that partners with a national network of leading programs to break the cycle of family poverty through the power of donated children’s products and life-changing family services. GOOD+ Foundation makes grants to programs that have demonstrated a capacity to improve family economic security. The Foundation has a team of over 15 full-time staff with an annual operating budget of approximately $2 million in cash and $5M in product. The organization’s main office is in the Garment District of NYC, with a smaller office in Culver City, CA.
GOOD+ Foundation is looking for an experienced development professional to build its institutional giving program through corporate sponsorships and other philanthropic partnerships. The candidate will have a proven track record of collaborating with brands, corporations, and industries to support charitable work, strong written, oral and presentation skills, and be a creative risk taker.
A key member of the development team, this role is responsible for creating and executing an annual institutional giving program, working closely with the Managing Director – National Fundraising.
Managing Director, National Fundraising
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop an annual institutional giving strategy and execution plan tied to departmental goals and objectives
- Lead, secure, and manage event sponsorships for the annual NY Bash ($140K), LA Bash ($150K), and Comedy Benefit ($450K plus), which occurs every 2-3 years
- Work with Events Director to ensure delivery of event sponsor benefits
- Develop new concepts and programs to meet corporate partnership fundraising goals outside of events ($260k) that replace outdated methods such as shopping events
- Oversee all brand partnerships from solicitation to stewardship to execution
- With support from Managing Director, build corporate volunteer group giving initiative; identify prospects and cultivate existing relationships to grow revenue
- Develop mutually beneficial ROI for each partnership and deliver benefits for each agreement
- Create supporting outreach and reporting collateral such as presentations, sponsor reporting and other marketing creative needed to activate each partnership
- Create or maintain assets needed by corporate prospects/partners to obtain support and reach goals
- Maintain prospect records, manage co-ventures and partnership agreements; draft acknowledgment letters, and ensure updates to communications and development databases, as appropriate
- Manage NY Friends of GOOD+ group, including all communications, quarterly meetings and activities, and leveraging these relationship to meet sponsorship goals
- Oversee Champions group to ensure that they are engaged in Foundation’s work by supporting events and partnerships
- Ability to effectively communicate organization’s mission and goals and connect them to the objectives of potential sponsors and partners
Experience tracking program data in Excel or other database formats
Able to effectively organize, prioritize and handle multiple tasks to meet established deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience working as a member of a small team and willingness to jump in whenever necessary.
- Minimum of three years of related work experience preferred.
High 50s. Full medical benefits, including dental and vision. Paid vacation, personal, & sick leave.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email his/her résumé and cover letter to email@example.com, with the subject line “Institutional Giving Manager.”