The Center for Asian American Media (CAAM) is a non-profit organization dedicated to presenting stories that convey the richness and diversity of Asian American experiences to the broadest audience possible. CAAM's program areas include producing the largest Asian American film festival in the country, distributing Asian American titles to educational institutions, funding documentaries, producing original works, and increasing diversity of programs on public television. Visit our website for more information: http://www.caamedia.org. For more information on this position, visit https://caamedia.org/about-caam/job-opportunities.
The Director of Development is responsible for fundraising and strategic communications for CAAM. Our diverse constituency includes individuals, governmental agencies, private foundations, corporate sponsors, small businesses, and other supporters. This management position leads the organization's development efforts and manages a staff of two.
The ideal candidate is an experienced fundraising professional who has a passion for Asian American media, is highly motivated and resourceful, and brings a sense of creativity and adaptability. The position requires strong management, oral and written communications skills, as well as a breadth of knowledge and experience in the range of development work.
CAAM's Executive Director
- Lead the creation and implementation of fundraising plan with the Executive Director, development and administrative staff, and Board Development Committee
- Management and oversight of major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, corporate support, special events and capital campaigns
- Management and oversight of grant seeking and grant writing efforts
- Support Executive Director in securing financial resources necessary for the organization
- Identify and steward relationships with foundations, corporations, and individuals
- Manage and track relationships with all donors and prospects
- Develop organization-wide communications protocols, processes, messages, and materials
- Oversee creation of marketing materials and coordinate external messages to funders, community partners, corporate sponsors, individual donors, and the general public
- Hire, train, and supervise development staff
- Provide support to the Board to fulfill its development goals
- Helps manage annual Board retreat and quarterly Board meetings
- Act as host of CAAM fundraising and special events
- Attend and research local and national events to cultivate relationships with stakeholders and community partners as directed by Executive Director
- At least five years of experience in development for non-profits
- Demonstrated success in fundraising, with the ability to think strategically while executing tactically within resource constraints.
- Ability to cultivate meaningful relationships with a broad range of funders and supporters
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize and work with multiple deadlines
- Strong managerial skills, particularly in supervision and building effective teams
- Capacity to take initiative, build consensus and to work effectively cross-departmentally
- Working knowledge of communications and marketing strategies
- Understanding of Asian American communities and media arts field a plus
Salary commensurate with experience. The position is full-time, exempt, salaried, and includes excellent benefits.
The benefits include:
Health, dental and vision and life insurance benefits provided. Optional participation in company 401k, FSA and commuter benefits
It is the policy of CAAM to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Director” in the subject line. No phone calls. Check CAAMedia.org for additional information.