Since 1946, Fight for Sight (FFS) has supported and inspired eye and vision research by funding promising scientists early in their careers. FFS's goal is to encourage and facilitate research in detection, understanding, prevention, treatment and cures of visual impairment, especially those diseases leading to impaired sight or blindness.
FFS seeks a Development Officer responsible for the strategic direction, planning, implementation and oversight of the organization's individual and major gift programs, foundation/corporate giving, online fundraising, planned giving and marketing. The Development Officer will develop and implement strategies to identify, cultivate and solicit both unrestricted and restricted gifts.
- Work in close partnership with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, FFS staff and other stakeholders to devise and implement a comprehensive annual fundraising plan, including major gift solicitations.
- Work with the Executive Director to establish fundraising goals and metrics, and develop/implement plans to meet or exceed agreed upon annual goals with continuous measurement and evaluation of progress.
- Identify new ways and opportunities to grow annual support.
- Identify and help establish new grant partnerships.
- Work with Executive Director and volunteers to develop and implement strategies to increase net revenue from special events including Lights-On and Strike for Sight.
- Ensure that FFS is deploying the best technologies and approaches in all its fundraising strategies and provide direction to communications and marketing consultants/vendors as it relates to techniques that integrate fundraising messages into all communications.
- Develop and maintain donor relationships.
- Expand and coordinate FFS's alumni giving and bequest programs.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, advanced degree or CFRE a plus.
- Five or more years of building and leading successful, sustainable major gift programs (25k+) in an educational or health-related nonprofit preferred.
80-90k, plus benefits.
How to Apply
Resumes to email@example.com