At the American Red Cross, you will enjoy a collaborative work culture committed to the diversity of our people, programs, and services. We need people who want to contribute their individual talents to help their neighbors locally, across the country, and around the world. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, if you share our passion for helping people, join us in for a rewarding and challenging career opportunity that support our mission.
We are seeking a Regional Philanthropy Officer to serve the community and support our lifesaving services. This mission-critical role serves as the key steward for a portfolio of current and prospective corporate philanthropists in support of the American Red Cross. You will be expected to meet annual revenue target ($700K) by identifying, engaging, cultivating, and soliciting gifts from donors, thereby advancing the organizational mission and creating meaningful impact in the lives of both donors and beneficiaries of that mission. Candidates will have shown success in strategy, portfolio development and relationship building.
Qualified candidate will need to be familiar and spend most of their time in the San Antonio area.
The position will be located at 3642 E. Houston Street, San Antonio, TX 78219.
Chief Development Officer
- Develops and executes ongoing strategy for qualifying donors to ensure retention, growth of donor contributions as well as recapture from previous donors.
- Works collaboratively with other departments and partners with development staff at the National Office to create customized solicitation strategies matching the objectives of the organization and interests of the donor/prospect.
- Targets and Portfolio Management: Manages an assigned portfolio of donors and prospects with intent to form deep relationships.
- Responsible for minimum annual fundraising goal tied to segmented or blended portfolio as specified in performance standards, including both renewable gifts and new incremental revenue.
- Develop donor management plans for entire portfolio resulting in strategic, knowledgeable and complex asks. Personally solicits assigned donor portfolio through face to face visits, including preparation of personalized materials.
- Revenue target may increase due to major domestic disasters.
- Implements programs/activities to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors at the $2,500 level or higher, with an emphasis on maximizing revenue for the American Red Cross.
- Works with community Board members and other leadership volunteers to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward appropriate donors. Identifies potential planned giving prospects among assigned donors and partners with Region's assigned Gift Planning Officer to solicit those prospects.
- Updates donor records in region and/or district database and Salesforce.com following donor contacts.
- Develops ongoing relationships with major donors for the benefits of the American Red Cross.
- Accountable for cultivating relationships for individual fundraising, organizational fundraising or both as outlined below:
- Organizations: Cultivates, solicits and stewards support from corporations and foundations to meet annual fundraising goals within their Regions. This includes assisting corporations in achieving their goals in strengthening their brand, marketing, and employee engagement by being proficient at clearly articulating Red Cross programs, listening to corporations' needs and aligning programs to their interests, preparing grant proposals, and engaging foundation staff and foundation board members to cultivate and solicit support for the American Red Cross.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required. Advanced degree highly desirable.
- Minimum three years sales and/or fundraising experience required.
- Proven experience in developing strategies for donor retention growth and recapture and proven success with complex requests is required.
- Familiar with the San Antonio fundraising community.
- A current valid driver's license and good driving record is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to relate well and work effectively with multiple constituencies and audiences.
- Excellent verbal and written skills. Knowledge of office systems: MS-Office preferred and fundraising database systems (e.g., Raiser's Edge, Salesforce.com).
- A team player committed to developing and working within a collaborative environment and to ensuring the highest customer service orientation.
- Requires frequent travel to donors within a within 2 hour radius of San Antonio (mostly southern areas of the state).
- May travel and participate in meetings and conferences throughout chapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system.
- Because the Red Cross is a disaster response organization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during period of major disaster.
Competitive, base salary plus bonus.
How to Apply
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.