ABOUT NATIONAL FAMILY PLANNING & REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH ASSOCIATION
National Family Planning & Reproductive Health Association (NFPRHA) is a membership organization representing providers and administrators committed to helping people get the family planning education and care they need to make the best choices for themselves and their loved ones. NFPRHA works to enhance the ability of thousands of nurse practitioners, doctors, and other health professionals to provide high-quality family planning care through training and advocacy.
NFPRHA has a well-established and respected brand within the reproductive health, rights and justice community. The only organization that represents the full breadth of family planning safety-net providers, NFPRHA has a unique place in the women's health movement. As health reform and ideological attacks have challenged the nation's network of family planning providers, NFPRHA has tripled its budget and staff size, adding new programmatic function and providing direct financial support to the field to further its strategic initiatives. Today's NFPRHA stands at a crossroads and seeks to significantly expand its support for the business and operational as well as the advocacy needs of its nearly 1,000 members in the US.
The vast majority of NFPRHA's funding is from foundations and the current attacks on family planning present opportunities to expand the foundation base and potentially raise additional support from corporations, planned giving and individuals. NFPRHA's CEO has nearly 10 years' experience in foundation and individual/major donor fundraising and is highly motivated around the cultivation of foundation grant funding. NFPRHA seeks a senior thought leader in the Development arena to partner with the CEO in her effort to transform and further strengthen the organization as it moves toward its 50th anniversary.
For more information, visit nationalfamilyplanning.org.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Development Director partners with the President & CEO to raise more than $6 million annually from foundations and other donors. The successful candidate will support the President & CEO in managing and executing all aspects of the fundraising process including grant writing, donor relationship management and development planning and tracking. S/he will also work in close collaboration with program, operations and finance colleagues as well as members of the Board of Directors.
Reports to CEO
- Develop subject matter expertise in reproductive health issues and the critical role NFPRHA plays in protecting and advancing these issues;
- Develop and execute an annual strategic fundraising plan which includes first and foremost, a robust foundation support program as well as corporate, individual giving and planned giving programs;
- Write and produce proposals, reports, letters of inquiry, solicitation letters, cultivation and other donor-facing materials;
- Manage the donor pipeline, track the moves-management process and all funder deadlines;
- Conduct donor research, identify potential new funding sources and produce briefing materials for donor meetings;
- Staff the fundraising activities of the Board of Directors;
- Document donor relationships and maintain NFPRHA's fundraising contact management system.
- Supervise Development Manager.
Desired Background and Qualifications
- Exceptional writing skills;
- Three-five years professional experience with at least one year of grant writing for a non-profit organization preferable;
- Ability to work independently and at the same time, take direction and work collaboratively to complete a project;
- Willingness to accept and learn from critiques and grow as a writer and fundraising professional;
- Outstanding project management skills including planning and staying accountable to the goal;
- Sharp attention to detail, robust organizational skills; and ability to multi-task and work under pressure;
- Proficiency in contact management systems;
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, passion, drive and a sense of humor;
- Strong personal commitment to the mission of NFPRHA.
$85,000 - $95,000
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume and two (2) writing samples to HR@NFPRHA.org. In the subject line of the email, please state "Development Director." No phone calls please.