La Casa de Don Pedro is seeking an experienced, highly creative and passionate Communications and Development Specialist to join its Program and Fund Development office who will be responsible for the implementation of the organization’s overall marketing initiatives and communication strategies and supports the Director of Program & Fund Development in other initiatives related to the goals of the unit.
The Program and Fund Development office plays a critical marketing, fundraising and program development role for the entire organization and has the following responsibilities:
- Promoting the organization and its impact to the community, prospective and current donors, and internally within the organization through relationship building, multi-media on its website, social media, newsletters, and other communication outlets, and volunteer coordination.
- Bringing to the organization diverse resources (private, government, and individual), raising funds to support the organization’s operations through special events and appeals
- Researching best practices to support the agency’s agenda and initiatives, supporting the design and development of new program opportunities and assists with grant applications
- Raise awareness of organizational impact, institutional image and brand, and increase financial, in-kind and volunteer contributions to the organization by:
- Identifying and writing compelling stories, facts, and outcomes about the organization.
- Demonstrating findings by writing articles, stories and developing multi-media visuals including photographs, videos, info graphs, and other web content that demonstrate these outcomes.
- Sharing with constituents in monthly newsletters, e-newsletters, brochures, social media, multi-media, articles, and website.
- Building and maintaining relationships with area businesses and groups through volunteer coordination and other ways.
- Helping cultivate and maintain relationships with sector and news media.
- Regularly source and post relevant content on organization's social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Support the planning, fundraising, and implementation of four special events annually.
- Maintain a donor database and thank donors in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate end of year and end of fiscal year individual donor campaigns, including coordinating in-kind campaign at least two times a year.
- Prospect research on potential business, corporations, individuals and foundations for new program and general investment.
- Support the Director of Program & Fund Development, Executive Director and the program division leadership in the solicitation of funds and in the preparation of proposals for new and continuing funding. This may include coordinating the preparation, assemblage, appropriate documentation, writing, proofreading and editing.
- Participate in Board of Director’s Resource Development & Marketing Committee, including meetings that are held after work hours, approximately 6 meetings per year.
- Attend evening relationship building events, approximately one evening per month.
- Volunteerism is encouraged during La Casa’s sponsored events.
- Responsible for community building and outreach efforts with the goal of increasing awareness in the community of La Casa’s program and increase participant numbers.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Promote, encourage, and educate staff on branding practices within the organization.
- Assist with public relations, including identifying opportunities for promotion in media (news, social, and print), and coordinating exhibiting, news article, and speaking opportunities.
- Maintain and update the organization's website.
- Draft and submit press releases as needed.
- Design and submit print and online advertising as needed.
- Build team knowledge of social media efforts and collaborate with team members on the creating of content.
- Track, measure, and report on organization's web traffic and social media stats.
- Stay up to date on emerging social media platforms and other marketing technologies.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3 -7 years of professional experience in a marketing, communications and/or fundraising based position who is comfortable making direct solicitations to businesses and individuals.
- A love of social media and demonstrated success at building online communities
- Expertise with creative technology such as website development (a must using other WordPress or other platforms), photography, graphic design, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Professional Spanish fluency (Portuguese and Haitian Creole speakers a plus).
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, research and oral communication skills.
- Special events planning experience.
- Ability to carry oneself professionally and liaise comfortably with high profile individuals and businesses.
- Well-developed organizational, time management, multitasking, problem-solving skills, and a quick learner.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong project management skills.
- Understanding of nonprofit organizations.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, a creative mind, a positive attitude, and demonstrated, commitment to mission oriented work and volunteerism.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all major social media platforms and performance metrics.
- Proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook).
- Videography, editing, & photography skills.
- Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, or other graphics programs.
- Basic knowledge of HTML.
- Experience with donor software.
*The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Monday – Friday, 9:00am -5:00 pm (Schedule may vary according to events and meeting needs)
How to Apply
- Email your resume with a thoughtful cover letter and writing sample to: email@example.com.
- Only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Open Date: August 27, 2019