Silicon Valley Education Foundation (SVEF) is the largest educational nonprofit in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to deliver and advocate for STEM education that inspires students, who lack access and opportunities, to succeed in college and careers. We are guided by the belief that all students are capable of pursuing higher education and boosting their future economic mobility regardless of their background. SVEF has an established legacy of providing proven STEM programs and being profoundly committed to empowering students to graduate high school career and college ready. The impact of our work is evident in our strong partnerships with districts and donors in closing the achievement gap and the creation of a workforce that has the skills to meet 21st century needs.
The Program Director leads the educational programs of Elevate [Math] and Elevate [Math] Plus to success by ensuring programs meet key program goals and are delivered on time and on budget. The Program Director will guide the Elevate team staff in the day-to‐day operation, in addition to leading goal setting, planning, milestone tracking, and evaluation of programs. The Director will also collaborate with the Vice President of Elevate [Math] to negotiate contracts with partners and expand programs.
Vice President of Elevate [Math]
Strategic Planning & Leadership
- Lead the implementation of SVEF’s Elevate [Math] and Elevate [Math] Plus programs; oversee the day to day logistical planning and interaction with the school districts, teachers, and other partners
- Collaborate with other education partners including other nonprofits and the business community
- Provide leadership in the implementation of strategic initiatives to continually refine and improve SVEF education programs while meeting measurable goals and objectives.
- Develop and communicate an implementation plan with specific program goals, time frames and resource requirements.
- Ensure consistent and responsive delivery of high-quality programs/services
- Establish metrics to document and ensure that projects meet stated objectives and oversee data collection and analysis for project evaluation purposes.
- Coordinate with school districts and the team to collect, prepare/clean, analyze and report on student and program impact data. In addition, oversee the storage of data in compliance with student data privacy laws.
- Participate in establishing and cultivating collaborative partnerships with other nonprofit organizations, state and local government agencies, and community leaders in support of STEM.
- Manage the support and engagement of staff development programs to enhance skills and abilities of direct reports to provide for professional growth.
- Provide support for grants, special projects, events or fundraisers in support of STEM.
- Participate in SVEF’s efforts to develop and implement activities to identify, solicit, involve and retain donors.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher and a minimum of 5 years relevant experience. Graduate degrees in education and/or business a plus.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission and core values of SVEF.
- Demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills.
- Demonstrated passion for improving the educational experiences and outcomes for students
- Demonstrated experience in operations, product/program management and people development, including, but not limited to the following:
- Experience in building and managing large staffs including recruitment, hiring, training, and managing the work of paid staff and volunteers.
- Experience in building scalable, replicable programs with an effective assessment program
- Ability to thrive in a fast‐paced, multi‐tasking environment.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills.
- Fluency in Spanish or Vietnamese a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Google docs, Salesforce, and data platforms preferred.
This is a full-time position with full benefits and retirement plan. The salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org