Plexus is the only LGBTQ business and professional organization in the region. Organized as a chamber of commerce in 2006, it is one of the affiliates of the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC). Plexus connects the LGBTQ and allied businesses community including professionals, entrepreneurs, business owners, and corporate, civic and nonprofit leaders. Through social, networking and educational events we seek to strengthen and support people in their business efforts and professional lives. Plexus advocates on behalf of the LGBTQ and allied community by educating and creating awareness about workplace equity, diversity and inclusion and the positive impact of LGBTQ owned businesses on the economy.
The Program Manager is responsible for day-to-day oversight, implementation and management of the membership program and associated events. Key elements to this position include database administration, project management, marketing support and event management. The Program Manager works with area businesses and corporations, community-based organizations and professionals to develop strong and lasting relationships that advance the Chamber’s mission in the community. The Program Manager also works to recruit, develop, train and retain long-lasting relationships with volunteers and to assist the Chamber in achieving annual goals.
Data management: Enter and manage member, prospect, volunteer and program consumer interactions and engagement levels. Enter and manage event records. Review and update annual and monthly program metrics. Manage all membership renewal, follow up and benefits fulfillment.
Membership Program Management: Engage and support Chamber members including invoicing, profile maintenance, website maintenance and correspondence. Work with Membership Committee and Ambassadors in member acquisition, renewal and recovery efforts. Process all new and renewed membership applications and prepare monthly membership Board report. Assist Executive Director and Board with elevated membership and sponsorship proposals and benefit fulfillment.
Event management: Successfully manage event budgets, timelines and related tasks. Create reports and presentations for funders as needed. Assist the Executive Director with the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of member programs and other events and activities as assigned. Attend, where possible, all Plexus events to assist with set up, registration, nametags, photography, information collections and other tasks.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Five years’ experience in fundraising, database management, membership program development, program management, community engagement and/or partnership development.
- Experience working in a chamber of commerce helpful.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to meet deadlines. Knowledge of sales, marketing and communications.
- Must have knowledge of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, databases and presentation software (Microsoft 365, Outlook, Asana, Airtable).
- Must have knowledge of or ability and willingness to learn CRM database (Chamber Master, Apricot, GrowthZone, Raiser’s Edge), social media platform and/or website maintenance. Sensitivity and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation and cultural differences.
How to Apply
Submit cover letter, resume and references to Amanda Cole at acole@ThinkPlexus.org.
First consideration deadline February 28, 2020. Applications accepted until position filled.