Vital Strategies, headquartered in New York City, is an international public health organization. Our programs strengthen public health systems and address the world’s leading causes of illness, injury and death. We currently work in 73 countries, supporting data-driven decision making in government, advancing evidence-based public health policies and mounting strategic communication campaigns. Vital Strategies’ priorities are driven by the greatest potential to improve and save lives. They include non-communicable disease prevention, cardiovascular health promotion, tobacco control, road safety, obesity prevention, epidemic prevention, overdose prevention, environmental health, vital statistics systems building and multidrug-resistant tuberculosis treatment research. Our programs are primarily concentrated in low- and middle-income countries in Africa, Latin America, Asia and the Pacific; the Overdose Prevention Program is our first initiative in the U.S. Please visit our website at www.vitalstrategies.org to find out more about our work.
Vital Strategies offers highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits. Vital welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities (EEO) for all applicants seeking employment.
The Legal Department, within the Global Operations Division, is looking for a Legal Assistant to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to contribute in a non-profit corporate legal setting. The Legal Department at Vital Strategies is recognized as having one of the highest levels of “customer satisfaction” amongst all departments in the organization and prides itself on three pillars of efficiency, simplicity, and scalability. This position reports to the Vice President, Legal and is responsible for providing administrative and operational support to the Legal Department and the broader Global Operations Division. The Legal Assistant will be based in our office in New York City and will work closely with other departments as necessary.
- Manage a growing contract library, ensuring that all contracts signed by the organization are properly categorized and stored
- Assist with the organization’s transition to a new contract lifecycle management tool
- Act as official liaison for the Legal Department; training all new staff and serving as first point of contact for any internal or external requests
- Generate detailed and accurate reports for departmental and organization-wide use • Help with basic contract template management
- As in-house Notary Public assist with domestic and international certification and registration needs. If necessary, Vital Strategies will support acquisition of Notary certification and materials
- Assist with use of electronic signature software
- Coordinate with staff to ensure that the legal needs of all departments are addressed
- Aid in identifying gaps or liabilities of which the Legal Department should be cognizant
- Assist the Vice President, Legal with developing a strategic vision for the Legal Department
- Provide limited clerical support as needed (scheduling and starting meetings, taking notes, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred, minimum of Associate’s Degree or two-years college or equivalent
- Highly attentive to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work efficiently with sometimes minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Determination and drive to see tasks through to the end
- Demonstrated sensitivity in handling confidential information
- Proven ability to quickly learn new software and mastery of Microsoft Suite products (particularly Word and Excel)
- High level of professionalism
- New York Notary Public Certification (Preferred)
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter through the Vital Strategies Career Center.
Closing Date for Applications: August 7, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.