The Robertson Foundation: The Robertson Foundation is a private, family-led foundation established in 1996 by Julian Robertson and his wife Josie. By taking a targeted yet creative approach to philanthropy, Mr. Robertson, the Chairman of Tiger Management LLC., and his family seek to have a positive social impact and create a legacy that reflects the family’s values. At present, the Robertson Foundation is predominantly focused on grantmaking in medical sciences, environment and climate, and public education improvement. In its grantmaking, the Robertson Foundation seeks to optimize the potential impact of its grants.
- Do you constantly question the purpose of education and how it relates to education in practice?
- Do you read voraciously across a range of resources?
- Do you enjoy cleaning, organizing, analyzing, and visualizing educational data, particularly quantitative data?
- Are you able to remain humble at all times and open yourself up to inquiry, challenge, and change?
- Are you able to manage multiple projects and constantly operate swiftly with grace, precision and accuracy?
If you answered YES to all of the above, we invite you apply to the Robertson Foundation for a part-time position as an Education Research Assistant.
The Position: The Education Research Assistant is a new position. The individual will provide research support to the entire Education Portfolio, and report to the Associate Program Officer with guidance from the Program Director. This position is an ideal opportunity for an individual committed to K-12 public education, rigorous knowledge development and application, and working professionally, productively and respectfully in the education sector.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support the management of data related to grantmaking: Merge, clean, manipulate, interpret and analyze data across grantees and K-12 issue areas
- Visualize data clearly, accessibly, accurately, and responsibly: Maintain and update existing data visualizations, and create new visualizations and presentations based on impartial analyses and as requested
Background and characteristics of strong candidates:
- B.A. and relevant post-graduate experience preferred
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative K-12 research knowledge and skills, including financial knowledge, particularly as related to the US landscape
- Excellent written, oral communication and research skills
- Accurate and meticulous attention to detail in all matters
- Basic statistical knowledge, experience with statistical and data visualization software (e.g., SPSS, Tableau)
- A sense of humor
The position is part-time; compensation is competitive.
How to Apply
If interested, please email or send a cover letter and resume to Ruth Brenner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 101 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10178. Please submit all electronic materials in PDF format.
The Robertson Foundation values diversity and is committed to the recruitment and retention of individuals of diverse backgrounds, sex, race, religion, age, disability, gender identity and sexual orientation.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity, work eligibility, and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.