The Leadership Now Project is a membership organization of business and thought leaders who are committed to high-impact solutions to renew American democracy. Leadership Now has four guiding principles that transcend political parties: to protect democracy while renewing it; to promote fact and evidence-based policymaking; to create an economy that works for all, and to embrace diversity as an asset. In 2019-2021, the organization is focused on the threats to the fundamentals of democracy, including low voter participation, gerrymandering, and the influence of money in politics.
Our work is fast-paced, analytical, and risk-tolerant. We power reforms to our system through sophisticated analytics; engage in thought leadership; mobilize new investments in a portfolio of reform organizations, and recognize political leaders who change the game and share our principles. Our leadership team has experience building start-ups, consulting at top professional services firms, running major businesses, and serving at the highest levels of government.
Leadership Now is currently seeking a full-time Impact Associate. Location is flexible - and remote to start (team members are based in Washington DC, Boston, New York, and the Bay Area).
Impact Associates are utility players who engage on a variety of projects across our analysis, investment, advocacy, and member engagement functions.
Director of Investment
Illustrative projects include:
- Identifying and evaluating high-impact organizations solving immediate challenges in democracy to recommend for investment
- Conducting rapid and rigorous analysis on key democratic reforms, and sharing this analysis through webinars, articles, and one-on-one presentations
- Designing, implementing, and assessing an advocacy campaign with one of our partner organizations
- Passion for positive political change and democratic ideals
- 2+ years experience in management consulting, impact investing, or related fields. Experience in political campaigns, policy or public service is highly valued
- Excellent research and analysis skills - strong proficiency in Excel required, proficiency in data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Flourish, r) a plus; ability to wade through a sea of information effectively and synthesize concise and compelling conclusions
- Excellent presentation skills - strong proficiency in slide presentations, writing, and speaking
- Excellent communication skills - ability to communicate clearly and concisely and modulate tone for a variety of audiences
$50-$70K, commensurate to experience
How to Apply
To be considered, submit a resume / LinkedIn profile and a brief paragraph explaining why you are applying to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
Promising candidates will be contacted for interviews.