Results for America is the leading, national nonprofit organization helping policymakers at all levels of government harness the power of evidence and data to solve the world’s greatest challenges. Our mission is to make investing in what works the “new normal,” so that, one day, all government leaders use rigorous evidence and quality data to inform important policy and funding decisions. We believe that data-driven and evidence-based policy decisions could significantly increase the impact of the over $1 trillion that governments spend annually to address the needs of the most vulnerable Americans.
Opportunity Accelerator (OA) is a signature initiative of Results for America (RFA), Government Performance Lab (GPL) at the Harvard Kennedy School, Center for Government Excellence (GovEx) at Johns Hopkins University, and Code for America (CfA). OA is designed to work in close partnership with state and local stakeholders to help advance economic mobility outcomes and eliminate racial gaps in outcomes for residents. OA seeks to do this by dramatically improving the impact of government investments in a small number of jurisdictions. OA will help communities to diagnose root causes of problems; design, implement, and evaluate policies and programs; and work closely with placed-based partnerships to accelerate economic recovery.
Results for America is seeking a Senior Manager, Opportunity Accelerator, to help manage the initiative by working with RFA staff and OA partners to develop, implement, and test OA’s strategy and operating model in three communities in the first year of the initiative and to refine and implement OA’s revised strategy and operating model in additional communities moving forward.
OA leadership at Results for America.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate the work of RFA staff and OA partners to develop, implement, and test OA’s strategy and operating model in three communities in the first year of the initiative;
- Oversee the next stage of building foundational knowledge for the initiative, including by coordinating RFA and OA partner research on mapping promising interventions to advance economic mobility and local, state, and federal level funding flows;
- Coordinate the process to determine a set of preliminary metrics for local governments, working closely with RFA leadership of the OA work, and learning from the work done by other organizations (including StriveTogether, Urban Institute, Opportunity Insights and others);
- Lead efforts to collect and share early learnings from inaugural communities and develop a standardized process for knowledge management as part of long-term OA operational and strategic planning;
- Support the refinement and implementation of OA’s revised strategy and operating model in additional communities moving forward; and
- Provide consistent, strong support to individual OA partners and to the collective.
- Strong commitment to Results for America’s mission and advancing economic mobility
- Bachelors degree required; advanced degree in relevant field preferred but not required.
- Seven to nine years of work experience required, with strong preference for experience in consulting/management working with government and/or community partnerships (i.e. place-based partnerships, collective impact groups, etc.).
- Experience working in a matrix environment, managing multiple stakeholders
- Exceptional project management skills, with experience running multiple, multi-step processes dependent on each other
- Self starter with high level of adaptability and flexibility within ambiguous, changing environment to identify gaps in processes and procedures and recommend solutions
- A passion for entrepreneurial endeavors
- Demonstrated success in contributing to the design and implementation of complex initiatives and multi-partnership networks
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to thrive in ambiguous, changing environment
- Excellent presentation, communications (oral & written) skills and ability to articulate clear, compelling messages to diverse audiences
- Collegial team player with the ability to and interest in working with and through others to get meaningful work done
This is a full-time, exempt position at 40 hours per week based in New York City (preferred) - with support for remote work as part of RFA’s COVID19 response. There may be instances where the Senior Manager, Opportunity Accelerator has to work additional hours, as required of individual projects and planning processes. This role may require travel of up to 15%.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send a brief cover letter and your resume to email@example.com. The subject line of your email should read “YOUR NAME - Senior Manager, Opportunity Accelerator”.
Results for America is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages people from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply for positions within our organization.