Results for America is the leading, national nonprofit organization helping policymakers at all levels of government harness the power of evidence and data to solve the world’s greatest challenges. Our mission is to make investing in what works the “new normal,” so that, one day, all government leaders use rigorous evidence and quality data to inform important policy and funding decisions. We believe that data-driven and evidence-based policy decisions could significantly increase the impact of the over $1 trillion that governments spend annually to address the needs of the most vulnerable Americans.
Opportunity Accelerator (OA) is a signature initiative of Results for America (RFA), Government Performance Lab (GPL) at the Harvard Kennedy School, Center for Government Excellence (GovEx) at Johns Hopkins University, and Code for America (CfA). OA is designed to work in close partnership with state and local stakeholders to help advance economic mobility outcomes and eliminate racial gaps in outcomes for residents. OA seeks to do this by dramatically improving the impact of government investments in a small number of jurisdictions. OA will help communities to diagnose root causes of problems; design, implement, and evaluate policies and programs; and work closely with placed-based partnerships to accelerate economic recovery.
Results for America is seeking an entrepreneurial professional, who works well in a team environment, to help build the OA initiative with RFA staff and OA partners. Strong writing, project management and interpersonal skills are essential, and attention to detail is paramount.
OA leadership at Results for America.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
OA Program Development & Iteration
- Support OA program development, testing, and iteration with RFA staff and OA partners to ensure a world-class experience for involved cities;
- Assist with the development and continuous improvement of the internal infrastructure needed for day-to-day service excellence and program coordination;
- Support information sharing processes with OA partners and client-cities; and
- Other programmatic related tasks as needed.
- Assist support plan implementation in three cities;
- Provide desk research support to inform programmatic strategy decisions; and
- Support OA team at RFA in the management of the partner consortium;
- Support project management of the various OA workstreams;
- Support the management of the OA Steering Committee.
- Support OA leadership at RFA with administrative work; and
- Maintain Salesforce and other databases with accurate relationships and programmatic records and information.
- Strong commitment to Results for America’s mission and advancing economic mobility
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of overall work experience
- Ability to prioritize and maintain multiple projects simultaneously;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with high-level stakeholders;
- Excellent planning, research, and written and oral communication skills;
- Strong sense of self-motivation, self-agency and ability to follow-through;
- An entrepreneurial, learning orientation and an ability to consistently embrace and incorporate direct feedback;
- Ability to use a range of office software, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint and is comfortable with various social media platforms
This is a full-time, exempt position at 40 hours per week based in New York City (preferred) - with support for remote work as part of RFA’s COVID19 response. There may be instances where the Associate, Opportunity Accelerator, has to work additional hours, as required of individual projects and planning processes.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send a brief cover letter and your resume to email@example.com. The subject line of your email should read “YOUR NAME - Associate, Opportunity Accelerator”.
Results for America is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages people from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply for positions within our organization.