This job description is a broad outline of the responsibilities and duties of the Junior Accountant and will be amended, as needed, to meet the program priorities of Women Aware, Inc. and their ensuing work requirements. It should not be construed as a contract and does not create a contract of employment. Employment with the Agency is at-will.
Chief Operating Officer
- Performs functions associated with the processing of the Organization’s payroll.
- Maintains the Organization’s timekeeping system, and keeps management apprised of program salary budgets.
- Reconciles the accounting system to ancillary systems and third-party records.
- Serves as liaison between Women Aware, and its accountants.
- Maintains the Organization’s capital asset tracking system, and inventory of capital assets.
- Coordinate coding of expenses to reflect proper cost allocations.
- Works with staff and other departments to ensure coordinated efforts to facilitate accurate, timely, efficient and transparent processes overall financial functions.
- Perform basic accounting functions including managing bill payment; accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions.
- Ensures the completeness, approval and timeliness of employee time sheets via the review of data recorded in the Organization’s time reporting system.
- Prepares payroll for processing via entry of timesheet data into a vendor online payroll application.
- Maintains schedules and support for ensuring the accuracy of employee payroll deductions for health benefits, retirement plan contributions, and other miscellaneous employee deductions.
- Codes all bills and deposits in accordance with the Organization’s cost allocation methodology.
- Maintains controls over the Organization’s capital assets by maintaining tracking records and tagging all assets.
- Performs accounts receivable and accounts payable functions in the accounting system.
- Pays bills based upon approved vouchers and records transactions in the accounting system.
- Reconciles various systems and reports to the accounting system via Excel spreadsheets. This includes reconciling the accounting system to the Organization’s donor system, the vendor retirement plan system, the timekeeping system, payroll system and capital asset tracking tools.
- Maintains documentation as required for audit.
- Assists with the compilation and monitoring of grant budgets.
- Assists with the allocation of costs to programs and funding sources.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in Accounting/or Equivalent Experience
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Advanced Excel, Word skills, and QuickBooks experience
How to Apply
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org