Sarah Lawrence College seeks a Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations. Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Philanthropy, the successful candidate will work in partnership with the AVP to oversee grant-related fundraising and stewardship activity for private foundations, government entities and corporate funders, in support of both institutional priorities and faculty sponsored research. As an integral member of the Advancement team within the Major Gifts Unit, the successful candidate will be responsible for raising expendable and endowment funds for operating, capital, programmatic and research priorities, to meet the needs of the College.
Founded in 1926, Sarah Lawrence is a coeducational, residential liberal arts college situated on a wooded campus just north of New York City in Bronxville, NY. The College is internationally renowned for its combination of strength in artistic creation, high expectations for written expression, and a uniquely rigorous academic program. Wide ranging and intentionally interdisciplinary, the academic program is built around a pedagogy of close collaboration between faculty and students in a process of directed exploration made possible by a student-faculty ratio of 9-to-1.
- Research and monitor government, foundation and corporate funding opportunities and disseminate that information, campus wide.
- Ensure effective and timely communication of proposal requirements, eligibility, restrictions, deadlines and other pertinent proposal/grant information with appropriate Sarah Lawrence College (SLC) staff, faculty and/or administration.
- Produce compelling top-level funding proposals that link funder priorities with SLC goals and initiatives. Ensure that proposal materials meet funder criteria, are persuasive, accurate, well targeted and meet funder deadlines.
- Prepare grant budgets and budget justifications. Monitor grant expenditures in conjunction with the Office of Finance and appropriate staff, faculty or administration.
- Prepare professional letters of inquiry to potential funding sources and collaborating sources, and letters of support/commitment for grant applications.
- Ensure institutional compliance with federal, state, agency and other applicable governing regulations, policies and procedures concerning sponsored and non-sponsored research.
- Formulate, implement, and recommend short-term and multi-year fundraising plans for foundation, government, and corporate sources. Maintain and enhance a seven figure portfolio.
- Responsible for the development of long term relationships with grantors and potential grantors.
- Minimum five-seven (5-7) years of successful corporate, foundation and government relations experience.
- Entrepreneurial approach, with a proven track record of securing increased and new institutional grants of $100,000 or more.
- Demonstrated knowledge of foundation and corporate funding communities, and success in building long-term relationships that lead to larger grants.
- Experience with successfully securing and stewarding state and federal government grants.
- Demonstrated success identifying and qualifying new institutional prospects.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with a demonstrated ability to write compelling and strategic letters of inquiry, funding proposals, and stewardship reports.
- Excellent numeracy skills, with a demonstrated ability to create budgets and financial reports.
- Ability to work in partnership with a wide range of constituents, including foundation representatives, government officials, faculty members, senior-level volunteers, colleagues, senior administrators and students.
- Ability to travel periodically (including staffing the President) with occasional evening and weekend work required.
- Bachelor's degree required.
How to Apply
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/2196597
Sarah Lawrence has as one of its goals the recruitment and retention of a racially and culturally diverse administration, staff, and faculty. To that end, every job opening is seen as an opportunity to increase diversity and every effort will be made to expand the applicant pool in accordance with these goals. For information on Sarah Lawrence College, our curriculum, teaching methods, and philosophy of education, please visit our web site at http://www.slc.edu.