The Director of Development will be responsible for collaborating with CVG senior leadership and the Board of Directors to implement a strategic approach to securing resources from individuals, corporations, foundations, and government entities to ensure the growth and sustainability of CVG. The Director of Development will have the opportunity to build the fundraising infrastructure at CVG from the ground up in its new NGO platform, participating directly in the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of gifts, developing, and implementing policies and procedures to ensure the ethical accounting and use of private revenue, and hiring and managing additional fundraising staff as the department expands.
Vice President, Strategy and Partnerships
- Collaborate with the Chief Executive Officer, VP for Strategy & Partnerships, and Board of Directors to develop and execute fundraising plan, including short- and long-term goals, objectives, and activities.
- Directly participate in and support colleagues and Board members in the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of gifts from high-net-worth individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Prepare written and electronic communications to donors.
- Develop, plan, and implement donor engagement and fundraising events.
- Prepare and submit grant proposals, budgets, and reports in accordance with the fundraising plan.
- Identify and develop individual, corporate, community, foundation, and government prospects for the organization’s fundraising/development efforts.
- Provide staff support to the Fundraising Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Create and manage timelines for various fundraising activities.
- Monitor, evaluate, and prepare reports on all fundraising activities to ensure progress toward goals.
- Develop and maintain fundraising processes and procedures that reflect ethical fundraising practices for managing and tracking donor and grant information, gift processing and recognition, donor communications, and revenue tracking, etc.
- Establish a fundraising budget, and monitor receipts and expenditures for all fundraising activities.
- Develop and implement a plan to promote the organization among donors and prospective donors.
- Plan and coordinate fundraising events to educate and engage existing and prospective donors. Monitor trends in the field and adapt strategies, as necessary.
- Coordinate with Director of Communications to ensure that all communications support fundraising goals and objectives.
- Supervise one part-time grant writer and hire and manage additional fundraising staff as the department expands.
- Minimum of ten years progressive experience in nonprofit fundraising and management.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Advanced knowledge of fundraising management.
- Passionate about the mission of Cure Violence Global.
- Entrepreneurial in nature. Self-starter with a passion for engaging others and exceeding goals.
- Demonstrated record of success in developing relationships with a wide range of constituents, and experience in soliciting large gifts from individuals and institutional funders.
- Ability to work independently without close oversight.
- Well-versed in existing and emerging trends in philanthropy.
- Knowledgeable of progressive philanthropists and foundations.
- Understands HNWI (high net worth individuals) and the role of HNWI in the philanthropic landscape.
- Aware of existing and emerging fundraising platforms and prospect research tools
- Experienced with varied giving vehicles, including DAFs (Donor Advised Funds)
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing (grant, solicitation, recognition, report, etc.) and speaking skills.
- Experience creating and managing fundraising data.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Manager of Human Resources
Cure Violence Global