Vital Strategies India Services Private Limited, is a private limited company focused on strengthening and revitalizing public health systems through design and supporting scalable solutions to leading causes of death, disease and injury. Vital Strategies provides technical assistance, consultation, as well as project management, design and evaluation to a wide range of private and public sector clients, in order to further its mission to improve and save lives, including through non-communicable disease prevention, environmental health and urban health, with specific areas of focus in tobacco control, data for health, cardiovascular health, road safety, overdose prevention, air quality, obesity prevention and tuberculosis research.
Vital Strategies India is seeking an HR Manager with strong generalist experience. This is a full time position to be based in New Delhi. Responsibilities include recruitment, compensation and benefits administration, compliance, employee relations, talent management and oversight of HR initiatives.
- Provide general recruitment support to hiring managers and Talent Acquisition team including: interviewing, researching new recruiting sources, producing employment agreements and preparing new hire paperwork.
- Ensure quality and consistency in new hire onboarding procedures.
- Ensure that HR systems, including policies and procedures are developed, continuously monitored and updated, and are compliant with local laws and in line with Vital standards.
- Manage MIS and Analytics regarding payroll and employee benefits with standardization of reports for better decision making. Verification & Reconciliation of monthly payroll report provided by third party agency. (Payroll is outsourced to third party agency)
- Provide Vital managers and staff members with counsel and support for staff development, performance appraisals, performance counseling disciplinary action and grievances in accordance with labor regulations and internal procedures.
- Work with Global HR team to develop a compensation and benefits program that attract and retain the best talent; monitor the internal equity and competitiveness of compensation; ensure consistent procedures are used for salary administration; coordinate open enrollment for all plans.
- Process monthly payroll and ensure statutory compliances.
- Manage and record appropriately staff movements (new hires, promotion, transfer and exit); ensure staff are tracking vacation and other leave time; providing reports to supervisors.
- Coordinate with Global HR to implement performance management systems, ensure staff development and engagement.
- Ensure that personnel files are maintained and include records such as contracts, job descriptions, and performance evaluations.
- Support HR compliance programs pertaining to government reporting, working time, data privacy, and all other areas related to employment law.
- Undertake special HR projects as needed.
Education and degree
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Project management experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Possesses strong work ethic.
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to details
- Demonstrated experience in supporting organizational effectiveness, staff development, and fair and consistent performance management practices promoting positive employee relations and organizational culture.
- Demonstrated leadership in the creation of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
- Excellent judgment and emotional intelligence including negotiation, mediation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to consult with staff and adapt practices and processes to address the varied needs and concerns of individuals working remotely, and managers who have remote and in-office staff
- Strong interpersonal ability to build trust and goodwill with staff and senior management.
- Strong ability to prioritize, manage projects, work autonomously as well as in teams
- Minimum 6 years of work experience in Core HR of which at-least 3 plus years should be as HRBP in global organizations.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Occasional long periods of sitting while working at computer.
- Occasional requirements to work in early morning or late in the evening to support programs.
- Position requires regular interaction with employees and vendors via email, telephone, in-person meetings, group sessions, video conferencing, and live online Web-based meeting applications.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume via the Vital Strategies Careers page. The application deadline is May 5, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.