Every school . . . safe, supportive, engaging, and inspiring.
Who We Are
Center for Supportive Schools is a fast-paced, collegial, and team-oriented organization wholly committed to helping schools become places where students want to be. Our work directly addresses student disengagement, a root cause of diminished academic performance, students dropping out of school, and other high-risk student behaviors. We partner with schools in three areas: developing all students into leaders; empowering teachers to collaborate with each other and with students; and engaging entire school communities to improve how learning happens.
CSS is driven by the vision that one day, all students will thrive in schools that graduate them prepared for the rigors of college and lives filled with meaningful work, active citizenship, and personal fulfillment. Founded in 1979, we are a national organization currently impacting 45,000 students annually and committed to supporting every K-12 school in the country. Most of our partners are economically disadvantaged communities where the consequences of student disengagement can be most devastating. For more information, please visit www.supportiveschools.org.
As the full-time Human Resources & Administration Coordinator, you will support the Human Resources & Administration team in the following areas: benefits, data collection, record keeping, employee relations, employee policy, technology, and office support.
What You'll Do
Benefits, Data Collection, Record Keeping, and Employee Relations
- Assist with onboarding and offboarding of employees
- Maintain employee records through a Human Resources Management System (HRMS)
- Ensure that HR related documents are updated and in compliance
- Review the accuracy of insurance invoices
- Ensure compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verifications and periodically audit these forms
- Maintain job descriptions database and ensure that they are updated by employees and their team leaders, as needed
- Review the accuracy of invoices related to insurance benefits
- Assist with benefit plans renewals and audits
- Send insurance, state benefits, and other communication to employees as required by Federal and State law
- Update internal policy manuals, when required
- Communicate approved policy changes to employees
- Conduct research in all areas of employment policy to ensure compliance
Technology and Office Support
- Update and maintain internal communications, including Workplace, birthday celebrations, and condolence acknowledgements
- Assist the Human Resources Manager of Recruitment & Technology with technology support for CSS, including purchasing technology equipment and following up with CSS’s IT vendors
- Maintain and troubleshoot all office equipment, including providing copy counts to the vendor and to the CSS finance team for accurate billing
- Assist with office support, including purchasing supplies and office maintenance
- Assist the Human Resources Manager of Recruitment & Technology with the recruitment process
- Additional responsibilities, as needed
Who You Are
You are a highly motivated and organized individual, looking to join a team of hard-working, driven professionals in a rapidly changing, highly collaborative, and mission-driven environment. You have served as a liaison between employees and insurance providers.
You are committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. More than anything else, you want to make a difference.
What You've Done
Education: Associates degree or equivalent experience
Professional Experiences and Personal Qualities/Skills:
- Two years' experience with a HRMS required
- Two years' experience in a Human Resources Coordinator role preferred
- Experience with ACA and other HR compliance requirements for companies with 100+ employees required
- Experience with computer technology and computer hardware a plus
- Fluent in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Box, Excel, and Google Suite applications
- Proficient in planning and organization with strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Keen ability to follow up and prioritize
- Flexible team player with ability to work collaboratively and independently
Schedule, Salary, and Benefits
The anticipated starting date for this position is ASAP. The annual salary range for this position is $40,000–$50,000. CSS offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits plan, including health, dental, and vision insurance, and a 403(b) plan with employer match.
The Human Resources & Administration Coordinator will be based in the Princeton, NJ office.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are requested to apply immediately by emailing a cover letter and CV/résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include (1) the title of the position in the subject line of your email and (2) where you found the position posting in your cover letter. If possible, please email all documents in PDF format. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Center for Supportive Schools is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity, inclusion, and equity in its work and staff. CSS's Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action related policies are available upon request.