The Taproot Foundation is a nonprofit organization that connects nonprofits and social change organizations with passionate, skilled volunteers who share their expertise pro bono. Taproot is creating a world where organizations dedicated to social change have full access—through pro bono service—to the marketing, strategy, HR, and IT resources they need to be most effective. Since 2001, Taproot’s skilled volunteers have served over 8,400 social change organizations providing more than 1.8 million hours of service worth over $210 million in value. Taproot has offices in New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, and Los Angeles, and co-founded a network of global pro bono providers in over 30 countries around the world. www.taprootfoundation.org
This job is ideal for a professional with experience in negotiating and managing contracts as a service provider who is looking to make a difference by helping a nonprofit more efficiently navigate and manage that important process. This role largely focuses on services agreements with Fortune 500 companies who are engaging Taproot’s Advisory Services practice to help build and lead pro bono programming for their employees, and/or those that are subscribing to a corporate membership with Taproot Plus, our online, on-demand pro bono matching platform. The Contracts Administrator would work directly with our outside legal counsel – lawyers from our pro bono law firm – and with our internal department leads in Advisory Services and Taproot Plus to navigate the contract requests and relevant corresponding information. This role is a remote position located in the U.S.
- Liaise with internal business leads within Taproot to gather any necessary information about the scope of services and business decisions related to engagements
- Coordinate with outside counsel to confirm conflict check clearance and/or to secure a waiver from prospective partners if relevant
- Review and evaluate agreements, providing outside counsel with feedback and following up on questions as necessary
- Support the negotiation and execution of agreements with clients, in partnership with outside counsel
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to finalize contract negotiations as it relates to Information Security and Data Privacy.
- Monitor and manage internal and external progress on the contract review and negotiation process, including participating in internal pipeline meetings
- Manage record-keeping for all contract-related correspondence and documentation of final terms and invoicing schedule within Taproot’s Salesforce-based tracking system
- Communicate contract-related information to all stakeholders including Taproot’s Finance department
- Experience reviewing and negotiating agreements for a service provider and interacting with legal counsel
- Experience interacting with procurement, business contacts and legal at Fortune 500 companies
- Excellent client-facing communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
This is part-time position for immediate hire, estimated to require 6-15 hours per week depending upon the volume of work with an overall monthly budget of up to $2,000.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com