Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care in over 70 countries to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Our dynamic Development Department is responsible for raising over $500 million annually to support the mission of the organization.
The Marketing Team is responsible for executing integrated marketing efforts, including prospect, renewal, and cultivation campaigns and activities via all communication channels to maximize the revenue and increase awareness of MSF’s activities, concerns, expertise, and values.
Are you a passionate and creative thinker with an eye for storytelling and attention to detail? If so, we have a position for you.
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is seeking a Temporary Digital Marketing Coordinator–Email & Automation to help continue the accelerated fundraising growth in our email and SMS marketing programs. Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager of Email & Automation, your main priority will be to assist in the smooth execution of the email program. In this role you’ll be supporting a dynamic and evolving program focusing on expanding our donor centric digital engagement, improving the performance of email acquisition and retention, and personalizing the donor journey across multiple audiences.
The Temporary Digital Marketing Coordinator–Email & Automation believes in an omnichannel marketing approach centered around the donor experience and uses available tools and technologies to coordinate email and other digital marketing assets with vendors and internal stakeholders.
You will play a pivotal role on an energetic, innovative, and growing integrated channel marketing team.
Digital Marketing Manager, Eamil & Automation
You will report to the Digital Marketing Manager–Email & Automation. Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the email team in the management of the communications calendar for all MSF email communications
- Working with our email agency and audience teams to further develop MSF’s email program by providing feedback on strategy, copy and images and assisting in coordinating projects between MSF and the vendor
- Building and launching emails and SMS in our marketing cloud as needed
- Designing assets as necessary, including Identifying powerful, response-driving photo imagery
- Assisting in the strategy, design, build, and testing of donation forms, landing pages and surveys
- Configuring and generating email and donation form reporting and finding trends in email reports to inform future decisions
- Training members of other MSF teams in email creation
You’re a digital marketer with an eye for captivating storytelling and persuasive messaging. You are a creative problem solver with strong analytical skills, have a good eye for detail and for managing competing calendars and priorities and are comfortable making recommendations and implementing strategies for improvement.
- Minimum 1-3 years directly relevant experience in digital marketing with experience in email design, strategy, and implementation.
- Commitment to principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital techniques and programs including email marketing, mobile fundraising, and donation form optimization.
- Ability to implement a comprehensive strategy to engage various audiences through different stages of the engagement funnel.
- Experience with HTML and the ability and willingness to learn new marketing tools and systems to evaluate their effectiveness to helping us meet our goals.
- Experience managing complex vendor relationships and maximizing productivity of vendors and consultants.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills and comfortable working in a high-energy, fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Ability to work independently, move projects from conceptual stages to launch, and handle multiple and often competing deadlines.
- Outstanding, proven time management and organizational skills and ability to deal calmly with pressure and deadlines and to communicate with diplomacy.
- Willingness to embrace and channel the Doctors Without Borders mission and voice.
Preferred but not required:
- Non-profit fundraising experience.
- Experience working in a marketing cloud platform and creating and building automated journeys (especially Salesforce Marketing Cloud).
- Familiarity with CSS, Google Analytics, anddonor databases and CRMs such as Revolution Online (ROI).
Starting salary $61,206.60.
The position is temporary for 12 months and can be done remotely throughout the assignment.
Please note that neither relocation assistance nor visa sponsorship will be offered for this position.
No phone calls and emails please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled.
MSF-USA/Doctors Without Borders is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No employee, or applicant for employment, shall be discriminated against in any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. We are constantly striving to make our organization anti-racist. Diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. As an employee, you become part of that mission. We expect this same commitment from our staff.