Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The Coordinator will assist two of AJC's National Senior Development Directors to coordinate the logistical details of a multi-million dollar fundraising campaign, including performing administrative duties, processing pledges and tracking contributions, inputting data, and creating lists for numerous fundraising events and missions. The candidate must have proficient computer skills, exceptional organizational skills, and strong interpersonal skills. The candidate should be a self-starter, comfortable interfacing with donors both virtually and in-person, be able to take initiative, be organized, possess excellent attention to detail and be able to follow through on projects independently.
The Coordinator does all this while adhering to AJC's core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
The Coordinator will assist two of AJC's National Senior Development Directors to coordinate the logistical details of a multi-million dollar fundraising campaign, including performing administrative duties, processing pledges and tracking contributions, inputting data, and creating lists for numerous fundraising events and missions.
- Use Raiser's Edge to input, manage, and track donor data; capture and enter donor contact information; develop and upload lists to Raiser's Edge; resolve data issues such as duplicate entries, address updates, salutations & other donor preferences; track cultivators; use the PaperSave function to attach documents to donors' accounts; and record interactions with donors.
- Master Raiser's Edge database to be able to segment donor lists for outreach, queries, mailings & reports.
- Interact with institute boards, donors, event honorees and attendees, and the public.
- Manage mission registration including interacting with mission participants, institute colleagues, and embassies; coordinate the production of mission briefing materials and other mission related tasks, as needed.
- Engage and problem solve directly with donors as part of the AJC Donor Center team.
- Schedule and organize activities such as meetings and programs including sending invitations, ordering food, keeping track of respondents and donations, and follow up.
- Track the pipeline of restricted gifts and those received.
- Coordinate logistical details related to fundraising events including processing of pledges, tracking of contributions, and inputting data to create systems for tracking donations.
- General office duties include answering the phone and taking messages; setting up virtual and in-person meetings; organize and prioritize large volumes of information, e-mails, and incoming and outgoing mail; organize electronic and paper files, as well as other clerical duties.
- Other related duties will be assigned.
- On occasion, will have to work overtime for events organized by the Development Department and to lend assistance to others in the department.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum two years office experience
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, telephone skills, tact and diplomacy
- Dependable with well-developed organizational and time management skills, especially the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a virtual environment and adept at using tools such as Zoom and Teams
- Demonstrated commitment to high ethical standards, including strict adherence to confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Well-developed customer service orientation
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- A team player with the ability to work independently as a self-starter
- Pride and professionalism in work accomplishments
- Ability to attend occasional events, meetings and programs outside of standard working hours
- Computer skills: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint with the ability to learn; knowledge of Raiser's Edge a plus
- Event planning experience including logistics and communications a plus
- Passion for the mission of AJC
How to Apply
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/rpwdjjk0pnpkog/