The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust aspires to improve lives by supporting exceptional efforts in the U.S. and around the world in health and select place-based initiatives. Since beginning its active grantmaking in 2008, Helmsley has committed more than $2.5 billion for a wide range of charitable purposes. For more information on Helmsley, visit www.helmsleytrust.org.
The Communications Associate will have primary responsibility for Helmsley’s website, design work for digital platforms including digital signage in Helmsley’s New York office, and drive Helmsley’s social media presence. The Associate will report to the Director of Communications. The Communications Associate must have digital design skills and expertise with WordPress and the Adobe Creative Suite.
Director of Communications
- Digital design for Twitter and digital screens in Helmsley’s lobby space
- Primary manager of social media feeds
- Track developments/conversations with each program's sector to ensure Helmsley is appropriately active and represented
- Day-to-day oversight of Helmsley's website, including content to showcase our programs and their impact; news items, Helmsley staff contributions; and other dynamic content
- Manage internal photo and video library
- Work with senior communications and program staff to identify new concepts for cases studies, news items and other substantive content and help bring material to life digitally
- Oversee all social media and website analytics and generate periodic reports for Trust and program leadership
- Identify trends and opportunities in the Trust's web and social media performance to develop new content and build readership/awareness and evaluate expansion into new/different social media platforms
- Assist in general brand management to help create and disseminate Trust materials according to brand standards, and document internal procedures and guidelines for staff to follow
- Provide general communications and marketing support
Desired Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in design, communications, or related experience
- At least five years of experience in communications/digital design role, preferably in a health or science-related setting (healthcare, university, hospital, pharmaceutical company)
- Public affairs or advertising agency experience a plus
- Experience and facility with WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong digital design skills
- Deep knowledge of and experience with social media platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative mind-set
- Ability to work independently and strong project-management skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in an office environment
How to Apply
The position is based at Helmsley’s main office in New York City. Please submit cover letter and resume at www.helmsleytrust.org/jobs-helmsley. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Helmsley does not provide visa sponsorship for employment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required for the position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.