About the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving
For nearly 100 years, generous individuals and families have trusted the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving to help them make a lasting, positive impact in their community and in their own and future generations. Under its strategic commitment, the Hartford Foundation is poised to move to a greater level of impact and growth that will enhance our ability to support nonprofits and other partners to identify and serve community needs. We also seek to enhance our role as a trusted steward, collaborator and innovator.
If you are committed to our mission – “putting philanthropy into action to create lasting solutions that result in vibrant communities within the Greater Hartford Region” – and, are interested in applying your financial acumen and analytical skills in a collaborative environment, please consider this opportunity to join the Foundation’s Finance team.
The Senior Analyst is responsible for the operational and administrative support of the Foundation’s endowment and planned giving portfolio. This position also serves as the liaison to the Foundation’s Investment Advisor.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Execute the Foundation’s Corporate Portfolio investment trading activity as directed by the Foundation’s investment advisor and approved by the Foundation’s Investment Committee;
- Record investment activity to Foundation’s financial systems;
- Monitor Foundation’s daily cash positions based upon new donations and cash required to fund grants;
- Prepare monthly cashflow projections and monitoring actual activity versus projections
- Serve as primary liaison with the Foundation’s Investment advisor and ensuring proper documentation is provided and all transactions are executed in accordance with the instructions;
- Serve as primary liaison on the Foundation’s planned giving portfolios to ensure proper communications between State Street, the Foundation’s investment advisor and Foundation finance and development staff;
- Coordinate and assist with the preparation and distribution of investments reports by the Corporate and Trust portfolios, prepares the quarterly exposure report and investment fee analysis;
- Maintain accurate investment records including fund manager agreements, fund performance reports and manager communications;
- Reconcile investment funds to custodial records;
- Provide investment information for all regulatory, internal and external communications including financial statement footnotes, audit requests, industry surveys, annual reports and other ad hoc requests.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations (including UPMIFA), FASB standards and internal policies (include Resolution and Declaration of Trust);
- Serve as backup to the Senior Finance Accountant.
Competencies and Attributes
- Commitment to the values of equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a diverse environment and interact openly with individuals of different backgrounds.
- Ability to contribute and thrive in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of investment instruments including multiple asset classes and global investments, financial systems and controls and financial reports
- Experience working with financial systems and preparing financial reports.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong communications skills for interactions with investment advisors and Investment Committee
- Ability to meet physical demands typical of a sedentary office environment with reasonable accommodations as needed.
Education and Experience
Degree requirement can be substituted with equivalent practical experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Five or more years of experience in accounting, investment operations or finance preferably in the non-profit sector
- Experience working with Microsoft suite of products with demonstrated proficiency in Excel
How to Apply
Hartford, CT; Temporarily remote due to COVID; Normal work assignment will include both in-office and remote work.
To apply, please email your resume and a cover letter describing your match to our requirements to: HumanResources@hfpg.org
For best consideration, application materials must be received by Friday, May 7, 2021, 5:00 pm EST.
HARTFORD FOUNDATION FOR PUBLIC GIVING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER RELYING ON A DIVERSE GROUP OF INDIVIDUALS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE TALENTS TO ACHIEVE OUR MISSION.
Any and all offers to external applicants are contingent on the candidate’s completion of a pre-employment background and reference check to the satisfaction of the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving.