ACS seeks an energetic, detailed, and adaptable addition to its Strategic Engagement team to help lead the organization’s work on ACS’s career pipeline for clerkships and jobs at all levels of seniority as well as cultivation of public officials, including judges and legislators in ACS’s network. This position reports to the Vice President of Strategic Engagement. This work can be conducted remotely while the ACS office is closed due to the Covid-19 pandemic. When the office re-opens, the candidate will need to work from the Washington, DC office.
- Lead the cultivation of ACS’s network of lawyers and students and assist them in securing jobs and judicial clerkships.
- Lead in development of ACS’s Next Generation Leader program, which identifies the most promising leaders for future cultivation.
- Assist in fostering relationships with legal luminaries in ACS’s network, including judges and elected officials.
- Lead ACS efforts to cultivate members for various awards at the national and local levels.
The ideal candidate will possess many of the following qualifications and personal attributes:
- J.D. degree and at least 5 years of experience in the legal field;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a variety of audiences, internally and externally;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with high profile individuals with discretion;
- Excellent writing skills across a variety of contexts;
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail;
- The ability to manage multiple projects at once and change direction as needed;
- Sense of humor;
- Self-motivation with ability to work independently while recognizing role on a dynamic team;
- Knowledge of current legal and public policy issues;
- Experience as a law clerk is a plus.
How to Apply
Those wishing to apply should submit a résumé, cover letter, an official or unofficial transcript and one letter of recommendation (each as a PDF) to Jeran Wiebke, Office Manager & Bookkeeper, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Director of Strategic Engagement Candidate” in the subject line.
ACS values a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. ACS encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.