Footsteps supports and affirms individuals and families who have left, or are contemplating leaving, insular ultra-Orthodox Jewish communities in their quest to lead self-determined lives. We provide crucial peer and professional resources and support as people embrace the challenge to redefine their identities and build new communities. Footsteps nurtures a network of individuals so that they not only survive in their new world, but thrive. Since Footsteps’ founding in 2003, the organization has served 1,900 individuals, and in 2021, we expect our budget to reach nearly $4 million. To learn more, visit footstepsorg.org.
Footsteps seeks a highly skilled and thoughtful social worker to serve as Director of Clinical Services. The ideal candidate is energized by both overseeing clinical services and by creating and maintaining systems, programs and policies. You will lead the clinical team, and serve as a senior advisor to all departments regarding member engagement and communication, and provide direct clinical support – group and individual – to Footsteps members. Key responsibilities include more fully integrating a trauma informed approach throughout the organization, creating a warm and welcoming environment for those who seek services from Footsteps, and ensuring Footsteps is providing attuned and holistic support and programming to its most vulnerable members.
Job Title: Director of Clinical Services
Reports to: Senior Director of Programs
Position Type: Full Time, Exempt
Location: New York City (virtual during COVID-19 until further notice)
Start Date: Immediate hire
Team leadership and clinical supervision (50%)
- Oversee clinical program including:
- Provision of “whole person” supervision to clinical staff and interns in group and individual settings, including regular feedback.
- Provision of direct clinical support staff of lived experience in individual and group settings.
- Lead at least one support group a month.
- Oversee member crisis response and serve as back-up clinical support, as needed.
- Provide advice and guidance to team leads on member engagement and communication.
- Support, encourage, and mentor program staff and interns on member-facing work.
- Collaborate with Senior Director of Organizational Development to:
- Organize regular training for staff on mental health, trauma, vicarious trauma, etc.
- Create a healthy work culture that prioritizes well-being, actively prevents burnout, and facilitates emotional regulation.
Program and policy development (50%)
- Oversee clinical programs including member programming, external partnerships and referrals, warmline/peer-connector program and family justice program.
- Create monitoring and evaluation systems to assess and improve program effectiveness and efficiency in collaboration with the Executive Team.
- Design new programs and partnerships based on emerging needs and aligned with organizational goals and strategy.
- Assist the development team in raising funds for programs by ensuring compliance and accurate reporting on grant goals.
- Collaborate with other program teams to ensure new and existing programs align with clinical approaches.
- Identify and create/update key policies that need to be developed or revised
- Work with team leads to develop and implement policies that lend a clinical lens to the work.
- Be a thought partner with Executive Team around organizational policies
- Represent Footsteps to partner agencies and external stakeholders
- Commitment to and passion for Footsteps mission.
- 5+ years of relevant or transferable professional experience
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (SIFI training a plus).
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and mentor staff.
- Experience managing members in crisis, responding to mental health crises, and developing mental health crisis response plans.
- Time management, project management, and planning skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours including 1 evening per week, rare weekends and sometimes travel to satellite locations within the NY-metro area.
- Highly energized by and skilled in providing holistic clinical supervision.
- Experience working with members of traumatized populations and employ a trauma-informed lens.
- Excellent listener with ability to analyze issues and propose solutions.
- Commitment to documentation of client interactions and progress.
- Ability to move between micro clinical work and macro programming.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, delegate, and manage multiple priorities at once and ability to shift between roles.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, growing organization.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience working with at least one database; ability to become proficient in Salesforce.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
Salary:$75,000-90,000 commensurate with experience
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and indicate your name and "Director of Clinical Service" in the subject line. In your cover letter, please answer the following questions: 1. Why are you interested in working at Footsteps? 2. What is your clinical approach? 3. Describe your experience in managing programs? We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply soon.
Team + Benefits: You will be joining an amazing team of passionate, mission-driven colleagues. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes: flexible work schedule; 12 paid holidays and 20 days of paid time off in first year; four weeks of paid parental leave in first year; health, dental, and vision insurance; 3% match for IRA retirement plan; flexible spending accounts for health care, and transit; and professional development stipend.
In recent years Footsteps has further deepened its commitment to Diversity Equity and Inclusion. We understand that each individual brings a unique and important perspective to the work. This is often complex and allows us to grow as an institution and as people.
Footsteps is an equal opportunity employer. Immigrants, people of color, formerly ultra-Orthodox individuals, LGBTQIA people, people with disabilities, and people who come from poor and working-class backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Footsteps does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.