The Camp Head Cook is responsible for providing nutritious, tasty, filling, and economical meals for campers and staff (approx. 70-84 children and teens, and 35 adults.) Oversees purchasing, preparation, nutrition, service, sanitation, personnel management, and record keeping.
Cooks report to Head Cook.
Head Cook to Camp Director
Cooks to Head Cook
- Assist in preparation of three meals per day, morning and afternoon snacks
- Assist Head Cook in inventory tracking and menu preparation.
- Assist in the pre season set-up and end of season tear-down of kitchen equipment as directed by the Head Cook.
- Follow all food safety rules during food preparation and storage.
- Maintain a clean safe kitchen, dishwashing, dining and service area. Assist in routine cleaning and sanitation of all food-preparation and storage areas and the related equipment.
- Help prep cooks and dishwashers with their tasks as needed.
- Provide an attractive presentation for all meals.
- Put away food deliveries
- Other jobs, as needed.
- Experience of food preparation and serving, storage of food and dishwashing procedures is preferred.
- Experience adapting menus and preparing food to accommodate special dietary and health needs.
- Knowledge and training in food service health and safety (ServeSafe).
How to Apply