Home is the foundation for everything in life. Since 1971, our model has been about supporting residents in finding stability and achieving their goals. It’s why we’re more than housing—we combine quality affordable homes with our on-site Advantage Services—because we believe that with the right support and opportunities, all people can thrive. Today, over 13,000 people—families, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities and other barriers—call a CommonBond community “home.” Our core values are Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Innovation, and Excellence. We live these values and look for people who embody them to represent our organization in the community. If this sounds like you, please consider joining our team.
The Director of Communications holds the primary vision and responsibility for effective external and internal communications of the organization. By collaborating with organizational leaders, the Director identifies critical audiences, tailors messaging, and monitors the delivery of excellent content. In accomplishing this, the Director supports the goals of the organization as well as increases visibility of and engagement with the organization’s charitable purpose. Through their personal effort, and the work of their team, the Director develops and implements communications plans that deliver results that match or exceed industry benchmarks for excellence.
Executive Vice President of Resource Development and Strategic Initiatives
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Craft a compelling vision for communications with clear supporting strategies, and lead as necessary to achieve it.
- Ensure that CommonBond’s messaging uses an asset-based approach and emphasizes the humanity of those we serve, and community members with shared experiences.
- Steward the Brand of CommonBond Communities in order to increase total awareness of and support for the mission, strengthen organizational culture, and amplify us as a leader in our field and sector.
- Develop and execute a strategic public relations program that secures coverage of the organization’s impact at a local, regional, and national level.
- Leveraging the accomplishments and assets of the organization, increase recognition and awareness of the organization’s staff and volunteer leadership.
- Set and monitor performance of a digital communications strategy that supports fundraising efforts.
- Ensure events are scripted in a way that aligns with our brand promise, and supports the specific goals of the convening.
- Balance storytelling with the communication of impact data to ensure audiences are inspired by the challenges CommonBond seeks to address, and understands how they can support our work.
- Coach, manage, and influence staff in their internal and external communications efforts. Ensure that leaders are equipped with the tools they need to influence external decision makers in support of CommonBond’s mission.
- Ensure the development of collateral, and a high-quality presence on all appropriate channels, to maximize opportunities for audience engagement.
- Hire, manage, and develop a high performing communications team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Five or more years communications, marketing, or public relations experience.
- Demonstrable and consistent success in securing earned media placement.
- Experience managing, crafting, and delivering crisis communications.
- Demonstrable success in creating internal communications that support strong organizational culture.
- Experience supporting executive and director level staff.
- Understanding of the nuances of mission impact focused communications.
- Experience in brand management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a proven ability to work cooperatively with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Technology and computer skills in Office, website management, email marketing, and social media platforms.
How to Apply
Please visit us at https://commonbond.org/employment/ to view all of our available opportunities, or to apply directly for our Director of Communications, please click the link below Director of Communications