Majority Action just announced the Director of Campaigns role ($125k/year). This is an incredible opportunity to build a dream team of campaigners, and shape the strategic direction of a rapidly growing advocacy organization.
Majority Action is a nonprofit campaigning organization dedicated to unlocking the power of shareholders to hold corporations accountable and drive transformational change on climate, racial justice, and inequality. This team has had a number of defining victories over the last year, including a campaign that led to the ousting of the architect of Exxon’s notorious climate denial strategy from the board of JPMorgan Chase.
Please feel free to pass to individuals or communities where this may be a fit - the application deadline is May 19th, 2021.
Develop and lead campaigns
- Collaboratively design rigorous campaign strategies with strong theories of change and power analyses
- Oversee the overall internal and external coordination of campaigns
- Ensure alignment of research, investor engagement, grassroots partnerships, and strategic communications on integrated campaign calendars via strong project management
Create and activate grassroots partnerships
- Design, coordinate, and oversee the smooth and successful execution of grassroots engagement and campaign tactics with internal staff and partners
- Catalyze and leverage the assets of various partners at strategic moments in time to achieve progress on campaigns
- Proactively seek out, build, and cultivate strategic partnerships with grassroots and advocacy organizations that are centered in equity, both for long-term strategy and for immediate campaigns
- Empower grassroots activists to make their power felt in shareholder strategies in ways that are strategic and relevant
Build and manage a team
- Build and manage a high-performing campaigns team culture that is rooted in our teams’ shared values
- Work with staff to effectively develop skills and nurture talent over time
How to Apply
Apply here: https://apply.workable.com/majority-action/j/2DF009BA9F/ The application deadline is May 19th, 2021.