The Sidney Hillman Foundation is accepting nominations for the 2021 Hillman Prizes. The prizes celebrate investigative reporting and deep storytelling that highlights social or economic injustice and contributes to meaningful public policy change.
Winning entries will be judged on the following criteria: their significance in service of the common good; resourcefulness and courage in reporting; and skill in relating the story and impact of the coverage
The 2021 Hillman Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
- Book (nonfiction)
- Newspaper Reporting (print/online)
- Magazine Reporting (print/online)
- Broadcast Journalism (story/series/documentary at least 20 minutes in total package length)
- Web Journalism (story/series that appeared online but not in print) Open to blogs, photojournalism, and other multimedia projects as well as text.
- Opinion & Analysis Journalism (commentary and analysis in any medium)
- Hillman Prize winners will be awarded a $5,000 honorarium and a certificate at an event to be held in New York City on May 4 (or celebrated virtually, depending on the status of the coronavirus pandemic).
To be eligible for consideration, entries must have been published/broadcast in 2020 and have been made widely available to a U.S audience. There is no fee to enter.
For full details and to submit a nomination, visit the Sidney Hillman Foundation website.